• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting Boarding?

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Hello, :wave:

This is probobly just a spur of the moment, because I highly doubt I'd put this idea on here normally. I'm only twelve, so please keep this in mind. I don't want an opinion that doesn't register with my age. To get to the point, I've always wanted to make a small boarding facility for people going on vacation, or who are sick for a while. I'm sure if I ever did this, I wouldn't attract too many people, as I live in a small town, but there aren't any places to board rabbits specifically. :roll:

Of course, we'd have to buy a house before I make a foolish decision. I'm guessing that since I'm a child, this is an irrational idea, and that I'll get sick of it quickly. It really disapoints me to hear the truth, but at my age, kids are so immature. :? Then again, what can you expect? Anyway, if you board buns, or have boarding, all advice would be great. And when I leave this idea behind, I'll have information on it in the future. :)

Anna

I run a bunny hotel and the advice I will give is that you are way to young at the moment as there are a few issues that are stacked against you here is just a few of them.

The start up costs i.e housing and runs for both indoor and outdoor buns,

Insurance - You are not old enough to get this
Funds - You won't have any incoming funds that will be able to fund the day to day costs. As the boarding won't pay for itself ask anyone who runs a bunny hotel as I bet none of us ever break even:roll: You will also need funds for vet treatment of any description whether it be routine or emergency.

Clients - I don't personally think people would leave their rabbits with a person of 12yrs regardless of how mature they are as they won't have the same knowledge or experience of somebody much older. I wouldn't leave any of my pets with anyone of a young age as they are not old enough to make decisions and stand by them.

There is nothing to stop you doing a whole load of research for when you are much older though:D. Why not look for a local rescue and go and offer to help them out:D

I hope I haven't offended you as that is ther last thing I would do, I just want to be honest with you:D

No, no, no! I know you mean well. :D

Thank you for all of your advice, and I'll keep researching. As our local shelter is becoming more of shelter (it was just a fostering shelter before) I'll hopefully get to spend some time with the dogs, cats, birds, and of course rabbits, there. Again, thank you! :D

Anna

Back