• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lion Head Rabbit Descussion

hi im soon purchasing 2 bady girl lion head rabbits
does anyone know what sort of character they have
they are coming from the same litter and im told they will live
quite happy together
does anyone have any info on them?
thanks
sharon

I have two lionheads... one is very loving, one is very independent. They love eachother dearly.

They are very mischeavous :lol:

gotta keep an eye on em!! my two are house buns, but they are very tidy x

I got 2 lionhead lops from the same litter, and the fought so much I had to split them up, so you need to be sure you have some means of seperating them just in case, I think.
Also, one of the sexes of mine was wrong so double and treble check that they are both girls so that you don't get an accidental litter, if they're from a petshop
They might then also fight once they reach maturity so will probably need to be seperated and spayed.
Also my boy that I kept needs a LOT of grooming, even though he doesn't have the proper mane he has very thick fur and needs grooming at least every two days (I've groomed him every day this week and hes still got a lot of fur coming out, so it's really high maintence)

thanks for info
mine will be living in a shed heated in winter
hope there nice and cute and hope they dont fight with them being two girls
perhaps i will have to get them spayed:wave:
thanks
sharon

My two lionheads don't need loads of grooming - both have manes although lys' is bigger x

I think its because Charlies a cross breed, he hardly has a mane but the rest of his fur is really thick, it's not really his mane he needs grooming as much just the rest of him :roll:

thanks for info
mine will be living in a shed heated in winter
hope there nice and cute and hope they dont fight with them being two girls
perhaps i will have to get them spayed:wave:
thanks
sharon

You will be best getting them spayed, better chance of them staying together. Also, lowers chance of uterine cancer.

When are you getting them? be sure to take them for sexing at the vets as soon as you can as breeders don't always get it right hun x

I think its because Charlies a cross breed, he hardly has a mane but the rest of his fur is really thick, it's not really his mane he needs grooming as much just the rest of him :roll:

Alyssa had thick fur when she came (shes 2 ish), but her first moult she lost it all. she now only has a mane!! Bailey on the other hand has a beard!!

mine are coming from a breeder that loves her rabbits like mad
they arnt born yet birth date 29th dec hopefully
does anybody know is it easy to litter train them

Alyssa had thick fur when she came (shes 2 ish), but her first moult she lost it all. she now only has a mane!! Bailey on the other hand has a beard!!

Charlie just has tufts :lol: he has a big tuft on his head and two tiny little black bits on his mini beard that are longer than all his white fur :lol:

I have a lionhead lop and she is VERY independant but is the cutest girl ever :love:

Squidge.jpg

DSC01178a.jpg

Charlie (on the left) and his sister when he still looked like a lionhead

LGIM0084.jpg

Charlie now, with his silly tufts :lol:

Hello
I have 2 lionhead x mini lops and they are brothers.
They have adorable little characters, but I have to be honest with you, it's not been an easy ride with them. They are fine now, but it has been hard.
I'm not saying that it will be the same for you, but I have read on here that same sex pairs are more difficult pairings than male/female pairings. I am a new rabbit owner (since May) and I had no knowledge of rabbits and had to learn the hard way. Thank heavens for this site!

All I can say, is get as much advice on here as possible and keep asking questions. There will be someone there for you every step along the way.
I'm sure you will be fine.

Lionheads are so adorable, so enjoy them.

Good Luck and lets have some pictures when you get them

what is the cost a female rabbit and how much is the yearly injections going to cost. does anybody now.

thank sharon

It varies from vets, female spays are a bit more expensive I think? Maybe £40-£50 but I'm not exactly sure.
Jabs aren't too expensive really, but I can't remember exactly how much ours are

I pay £74 for a spay including meds and check up.
£15 for myxi
£12 for VHD

although i will now get a slight reduction due to having 6 buns and my vets being nice x

how much is it going to cost to get a female rabbit spayed and they will need a booster every year has anyone any idea about prices
thanks sharon

Back