• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best way to attach two fennel fold runs

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Im going to get another one so that moo n casp have a bigger area, whats the best way to attach them?

xxx

Im going to get another one so that moo n casp have a bigger area, whats the best way to attach them?

xxx

We did that when D&J had their first hutch. We used these sort of hinge things, and screwed them both together.
My dad did most of it, so I don't know for exact.

Jack x

you could use cable ties at the top. Not sure what else. I have a fennel fold, i think they are quite good.

Tbh, I didn't like mine, The buns chewed the bottom wooden bit, and exposed the nails which were holding the wiring in place. Just a note to make sure your buns don't get hurt:D xx

Jack x

the two that are in there tend not to chew, lilly used to but marsha and casper prefer hay.

thanks jack, ill ask my dad to do it me thinks x

I've got two together for my nethies, there's one photo here, I'll try and get you some more tomorrow. In essence I just took an end panel out of each to make a hole through the middle, and got loads of uber-long screws and screwed the two runs together. The two middle pieces on the top are screwed down, but the two top end pieces I have put hinges and clasps on so that I can easily get into it.

12102008010.jpg

I've then cut part of it out so I could permanently attach it to the hutch, and the other end panel I have also put on hinges and a couple of bolts so I could open it out if I wanted to.

i have used bolts on the sides and also have hinged the tops so that i can open up the top part to help with cleaning.
i like the runs,, esp the wire as its really sturdy and more fox proof:)

Back