• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help.. Henry not himself...

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
I went out to feed the Pigs and the Buns this evening as usual. Shook the tub as usual but only Boo and Humphrey came running. I thought that's very odd, Henry is usually the first there but no sign, I look in the run underneath and there he is lying down, i shine the light on him and he moves a bit and blinks his eyes :cry:

I went to the back of the run and said his name and poked him a little, he sat up a bit but no much, I managed to wiggle him to the front where i could get him, he tried to run off a bit but not much, not like he would usually.

I got him in side and no marks or anything but he felt really cold... :?

I have him in the kitchen now an he has perked up a bit, he's stretched right up and had a sniff about. he;s now sitting quietly, he will not eat thou with is very worrying?????

Please help xxx

Try offering him a bowl of cooled boiled water with a splash of apple juice. He may have got himself a little dehydrated.
Also offer a few herbs, dandelion leaves to tempt him to eat.
Have you felt his tummy? How does it feel? You could always try giving him some tummy rubs and making him run around a bit to get his tummy moving.

Thanks guys.

He's moving about now. i put a box in with vet bed in and he's jumping in and out and trying his best to remove the vet bed...

Hopefully coming in the warm worked?

xxx

if you've got a hot water bottle i'de give him that for the night, if not just make hes got plenty of hay to keep himself warm with, glad he's feeling a bit better now.

if you've got a hot water bottle i'de give him that for the night, if not just make hes got plenty of hay to keep himself warm with, glad he's feeling a bit better now.

Thanks, I've got him in the kitchen as it is very warm in our house but cooler in the kitchen and he's used to living outside. He has hay and vet bed to snuggle on should he need it. xxx

Back