• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 3 boys

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone done it?
Is it easy? How do I go about it?!

Pippin was supposed to be bonded with Ruby, but this isn't now going to happen :cry: We have thought about bonding him with Salt and Pepper, so that they can all share the big run. Ideas?

I'd just try it and see how they get on. Don't think I'd persue it if the initial signs weren't good though. You're probably best to use the normal bonding technique of small space and neutral territory.

I recently bonded Hoppers buns into a trio (2 boys/1 girl) and the boys actually hit it off better together than with the girl!

The boys I've got in my 3 groups are closer than the girls, especially in one of them - I'd just ensure they were all neutered first & have had chance for their hormones to calm down. I think it depends very much on the personalities of the buns.

Thank you.
They've all been neutered. Salt and Pepper were litter mates so are very close, but are very laid back bunnies. Pippin hasn't been bonded before, but he's a very playful, friendly soul.

I now have 3males living together with 2females.

2of the males are related, the other isnt, neither of the girls are related either.

I must say it wasnt easy with the 2brothers, however they have become very close and adding the other male and female have been no problem :D

We have three males as part of our house bunny quintet. Until a couple of weeks ago it was two of each but then we added Roo, the third male. TBH the boys are more snuggley with each other than they are with the girls a lot of the time. It really depends on personality - both Beemer and Roo are happy for Ant to be the boss and it works really well :D Definitely worth a try!

Back