• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Charlie boss? Is this normal?

I've recently got a new bun called Lola charlie has been sniffing around her and on her nose and places but she runs away.. anyway yesterday they had a little fight around about 3:00 and they had another one to day at about 3:00..
Is this normal, we got Lola on Wednesday 17th And today is the 19th (Dec)
is it part of bonding or what??? I thought Charlie would be really soft with her but he is quite aggressive and he is the one starting the fights - He is usually REALLY shy! HELP! :?

Did you put Lola into charlies normal living space ?? When you introduce a new bun to an existing bunny it should be on neutral territory where niether bunny have been hope that helps a little :wave:

:S

No, Charlies Room Is Upstairs And They Are Both In The Conservatory With metal Fire Guard-Like Things ^_^ ...is it normal?:?

What do you mean by fighting? It's good that you have a neutral area; have you made a smallish pen from the fireguard as you need a small area for bonding?

When you bond bunnies, they have to sort out who is going to be boss and this involves some chasing, nipping and fur pulling. That's all perfectly normal (although it can be nerve wracking to watch :?:shock:). It will eventually subside. Keep them together in the small pen, don't split them unless there are serious injuries or real fighting.

If they are actually locking onto each other, then I've read that you need to part them for a few seconds (use a broom or something, not your hands, or you'll get bitten) and then release.

Alfie was a big softie before we got Bubbles and I was surprised just how bossy and dominant he became when we bonded him with Bubbles, so Charlie's behaviour sounds pretty normal. He may be shy with humans, but in the bunny world he wants to be king. :lol::D

Oh yeah my indoor bun does not like the outdoor buns coming into "her" house so she chases them out the door, she is only 12 weeks old :lol:

Back