• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so scared.........

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
I thought BB was starting with a bout of stasis this morning after she didn't want to come out in the garden then kept pressing her tummy to the floor.

I gave her Infacol and tummy rubs and put her at the top of the garden to make her move about, but 5 mins later she was back in her shed.

I picked her up to do more tummy rubs and she has a big lump just by her girlie bits:cry:
It wasn't there yestersay 'cos I had her up for a grooming session.

The vet has booked her in to investigate it om Monday.........I can't help fearing the worst, and she has been through enough ops already:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Is she eating/drinking? I don't think you should wait until Monday. Try to see a vet today. I hope she gets better soon.

Oh dear :cry:
Is the 'lump' near the site of a previous op? If so I would be concerned she may have a hernia. That cant really wait til Monday. Did the Vet examin her today ?
Has she had any pain relief? Is she eating and pooing ?

Sorry for all the questions. I do hope BB will be OK

My first thought was hernia as she has had 3 before, 2 post spay and an inguinal hernia.
The vet didn't want to investigate today because she felt that the top part of her stomach was uncomfortable, and that was the reason for her pressing her tummy to the floor.
She has had painkiller injection, and she is still eating, but is not quite her normal self.
The vet didn't think it could be a hernia as she couldn't pop back in, and she said she could get her fingers all the way around it, s it doesn't feel attached all around

Back