• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding bonios?????

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Well i was in the petshop earliar buying dog treats i heard this women ask for bonios.'only a few though there for my rabbit':shock:
When she went i said to the women in the shop was i hearing right for her rabbit she said 'oh yes a lot of people buy them' i said 'there really bad for them you know as the contain animal ingrediants rabbits cant digest and can cause gut problems,She said i think people feed them for wearing down teeth,I said the only thing that wears rabits teeth down is hay which is why they need it ad lib,I said having a rabbit with dental probs you learn a bit she said oh i will have a word with the boss about it!!!!!

there was a lass on here before who advocated it and said it had cut down the frequency of her bun's dentals....not something I'd try myself though, I'd imagine it'd do much more harm than good.

My aunty gives her bunny bonios :roll: Though the poor bunny is abused anyway, never gets any normal bunny food and lives in a 2ft cage :cry: :evil:

Id never give them to my buns tbh :? xXx

Oh dear. i won der how many buns are going t have problems from eating these bonios :(

I give them my rats, mice and hamsters for treats and keeping teeth down.

So it prob works for wearing rats,mice hamsters teeth down but it doesnt help wth rabbits,Plus they contain meat ingrediants which is a no no for bunnies

Both the hammy and rats get dog biscuits for teeth and they love them. But I'd never give to a bunny. Funny how things get warped in people's head. Rabbits are NOT rodents.

So, can i just ask, what is it about the dog biscuits that wears the teeth down for the rats and hammy ? Just interested really, as I would haev thought hard rat/hammy treats would have done the same thing ?

My aunty gives her bunny bonios :roll: Though the poor bunny is abused anyway, never gets any normal bunny food and lives in a 2ft cage :cry: :evil:

Id never give them to my buns tbh :? xXx

I cant believe the way you just said this about your aunt as if its ok????????? if its being abused do something about it :censored:

So, can i just ask, what is it about the dog biscuits that wears the teeth down for the rats and hammy ? Just interested really, as I would haev thought hard rat/hammy treats would have done the same thing ?

I use them for treats and if you have one that suffers from over growing teeth the treats are to tempting to resist so thew chew them more, hence getting there teeth down a little better, there also bigger than the normal rodent treats.

Please keep this thread on track. Please refrain from making personal attacks on anyone and think about the tone of your posts.

Back