• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay stuck in his mouth?? u/d piccies!!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
This morning i go out to the hutch and cookie has a huge mouthful of hay in his mouth, much like a doe making a nest! I thought it was cute so ran in to grab my camera, took a piccie, n then got food out the bag but he hadnt dropped the hay yet. so i scattere dhis fave food and he still wouldnt let go off the hay.

I pick him up and try to open his mouth and he has SO much hay in his mouth its all caught up in his teeth and hes stuck!! i had to open his jaw and pull the hay out?!

i thought that was a bit bizzare?!

Last edited:
That's a bit odd. there may have been a foreign object in the hay, which could have stopped him eating the rest of the hay. :?

thats what i thought of actually when i saw it!!

i thought maybe he was cold actually nw as gathering hay to keep warm??

there was nothing in the hay i went through it, i just think he kept picking it up n picking it up lol n then couldnt get it all out!!

RANDOM007.jpg

RANDOM009.jpg

:love::love:
RANDOM010.jpg

omg what strange behaviour @ boy bunnies building the nests ^.^ Everyday bunnies do something new to amaze me. (only had my bun since october) What cute pics too. :love:

Pippin started doing this last week! He was building a nest. He's only recently had his op though, so I thought he was a bit confused. He does build a very cosy bed on top of the hutch.
SO very cute though!

Desmond was doing this when the boys came in for fireworks night!! He's been neutered for 18months now! Does look funny when boys do it, maybe it's a teenage phase!

Desmond was doing this when the boys came in for fireworks night!! He's been neutered for 18months now! Does look funny when boys do it, maybe it's a teenage phase!

cookie's four lol, he should be past this!:lol:

Back