• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG just had a call from my vets i really cant believe whats happening ......

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
beginning of the week, 2 bunnies went in for castration 1 passed away under anaesthetic the other little boy passed away that night:cry::cry::cry:
then orchid was speyed yesterday and now is very very poorly
and now a young buck who gone to be castrated has had his operation and now cannot use his back legs

I really dont understand why things are going so so wrong:cry::cry::cry::cry:

think i need to find a different vet:cry::cry:

please can we have some vibes for jullian the buck who was fine before he had his operation:cry::cry:

OMG thats awful, definately need a different vet :shock::shock:

Sending thousands of vibes for the poorly bunnies

You know where I am if I can be of any help

Golly how awful....tons of vibes.....cant remember which vet my mum used when she lived in eastbourne but she had 2 dogs die in their care and really wasnt happy with them ...it was near a parade of shops...hmm dont think that helps much does it....she lived near langney but the vets was a bit further out from there.

yikes........I think a complaint to the vets and whom ever regulates vets as well!! We've neutered about 115 buns in the last 6 months and lost 1 during a spay & that was probably in part caused by uterine cancer. Sounds like something is seriously wrong there.

yikes........I think a complaint to the vets and whom ever regulates vets as well!! We've neutered about 115 buns in the last 6 months and lost 1 during a spay & that was probably in part caused by uterine cancer. Sounds like something is seriously wrong there.

You would need to take a complaint to the practice manager and if you are not satisfied with the response contact the RCVS, who are the governing body, to take the matter further.

so sad....

So sorry, to hear of your losses.
I think you need to change vets ASAP.:censored:
I have had 14 bunnies neutered in the last 12 weeks, all ok, no problems at all, all have been in only two days and then back out with girlfriens, my vet is very quick and uses the glueing method.:?

No none of them are related:cry::cry: why do you ask;)

I just wondered if it was something genetically wrong with the buns as far as GA was concerned - a heart defect or something.

I've lost a foster bun under GA before during a spay - it's awful cos you think of it as routine.

Also - my foster Bouncer was neutered & immediately started suffering with incontinence which was EC related. Apparently EC can attack when buns immune system is down? Wondered if that could be causing your buns backleg probs?

Sorry, but I think you should be kicking up a fuss with the vets. It's rare for one rabbit to pass due to a spay, and usually there are underlying complications that are the cause, but to lose that many, and have one 'injured' is just ridiculous. Your vets are clearly doing something wrong. I wouldn't be using them at all :?

:shock: Oh those poor buns :( So very sorry :cry::cry::cry:

Caroline, I do think you need to see another vet and also I would ask for non-injectable GA from now on :( I always have the GA done with gas as it's easier to bring them round:(

The little one who can't walk - has he got feeling in his legs? Could it be a reaction that is going to go away? Our Speedy went like that after his operation and had lost all feeling from below his waist - we had to express his bladder for him but he was a happy little soul and the love of our life:love::love::love:

If you want me to take on the little one who can't walk then let me know as we do have a lot of experience with buns like this :love::love: I'm really serious, we have said that we would have a million Speedy's and a million Oxo and Fliss's :love::love::love:

thank you jay he was a baby i rehomed in the summer who had just come back to be neutered:cry::cry::cry: ive just had to tell his mum, ive got to call them later to see how he,s doing and ive got to call them again in the morning as they want to keep him in tonight,:cry::cry: i had so much trust in my vets and now thats been crushed :cry::cry:

That's so very sad, but your trust is gone now and I know I couldn't be happy with a vet that I didn't trust:(

Please let us know how Julian gets on - and if he is going to be off his legs now then I can advise his mum and dad on his care and what he will need:love::love::love::love:

Oh Caroline this is so awful for you - sending you loads of vibes for the 2 poorly buns & thinking of the 2 little ones you've lost xxxx

I just cannot believe that yet ANOTHER one has gone so badly wrong in such a short span of time. :cry: :cry: :cry: Something is SO terribly wrong there. The odds of losing so many in such quick succession are astronomical. I agree, I would DEFINATELY be bringing it to someone's attention. :evil: ::hugs::, and tons of vibes for Julian and Orchid. :cry: :cry:

Back