• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would any rescue rehome to a thistle hall?

lisa82

Mama Doe
Would you consider a thistle hall hutch suitable for a pair of smaller buns? If so what breeds would you consider suitable? Obviously with additional run access.

:D

are you looking for buns to rehome at the moment? :)

just the two i currently have for rehoming live in a thistle hall lol!

I'm trying to consider every possible option with housing my lot, and was thinking rather that possibly selling my thistle hall (i'm not sure whether to put the piggies back out in it or get them something different) getting new residents for it instead. Where is the thread regarding your 2 buns?

we re home to thistle hall if you also have a good sized run ... but only if they are small buns .

i have to say thopugh that we have one that was donated to us and i find it realy bad quality and difficult to clean . :?

I'm trying to consider every possible option with housing my lot, and was thinking rather that possibly selling my thistle hall (i'm not sure whether to put the piggies back out in it or get them something different) getting new residents for it instead. Where is the thread regarding your 2 buns?

there in RIN section, Cookie and Treacle.

they need a big run permanently attatched though:D

I have a TH indoors (with large pen attached) for my 8 piggies and its a nightmare to clean. I regret buying it actually. After Christmas i will be replacing it, wanted another Lavender Lodge but thats been discontinued :(

I have a TH indoors (with large pen attached) for my 8 piggies and its a nightmare to clean. I regret buying it actually. After Christmas i will be replacing it, wanted another Lavender Lodge but thats been discontinued :(

theyve been discontinued?!?! there the best hutch PAH have!!

i always recommend a lavendar lodge over a thistle hall, i love mine!

keep an eye out in the paper/online, so far ive got two LL from the paper one at £60 - as new exactly! and one at £50 which has been used to 2 months!

oops lol! :oops:

ive nevr had any problem with my LL its great! cept for when i did the doors etc and put the front on backwards, the door is supposed to be the last one and with mine the wooden door is first and the middle door falls off LOL

oops lol! :oops:

ive nevr had any problem with my LL its great! cept for when i did the doors etc and put the front on backwards, the door is supposed to be the last one and with mine the wooden door is first and the middle door falls off LOL

I have a lavender lodge, and I think that is very bad quality infact one of my buns actually chewed through the back of it and as also managed to chew through the floor:roll:

Getting back to the thread I would have to agree with Angie and Jill as regards the Thistle Hall and rehoming:D.

For me its because the ramp gets really grimy, which means you have to lean right in to try and clean it from the top. Or practially get inside the bottom half.

Far too much bending for me...

I havent had my TH for very long and I have also found the ramp gets hay stuck in it and hard to clean properly. Also I moved the hutch and underneath was a urine wet patch where it must have leaked through. Also the bolts are very stiff and fidley. Find it so hard to find a well built big hutch!!

I havent had my TH for very long and I have also found the ramp gets hay stuck in it and hard to clean properly. Also I moved the hutch and underneath was a urine wet patch where it must have leaked through. Also the bolts are very stiff and fidley. Find it so hard to find a well built big hutch!!

i HATE the bolts!! lol!

Back