• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent!...rabbits at risk Wiltshire area

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I have received this email via another forum. Apparently the farm can't be named in case they stop co-operating with rescuers. Please contact Amanda on the telephone/email given below if you are able to help...

I found out some distressing news yesterday from a farm not too far
from where i live. They are a rare breeds farm, and they have unwanted
rabbits, which due to the time of year they are now unable to sell...
having spoken to a key worker there yesterday, she is willing to allow
me to find new loving homes for these beautiful creatures which number
up to 20+ and which have also had their days numbered. If by mid
January they are not in new homes they are destined for the meat
market....To hear this I was APPAULED!! They are a larger breed,
British Giant x Rex, quite young in age 8 months upto a year and a
mixture of sexes, though the sexes are seperated (Thankfully)
Please HELP or pass this info on to any one you know is a good and
responsible rabbit lover, I AM SO DETERMINED TO SAVE THESE RABBITS FROM
SUCH AN END.
If you are interested then please email me and i will get back to you
ASAP. kesandcleo@yahoo.co.uk alternatively 07900 891331
Amanda Moore

OMG this is awful poor bunnies :cry: I don't have any room myself but I too could help with bun runs if we can find loving homes for them - so hoping for a happy ending for all of them xx

Where abouts in Witshire (roughly) I'm right at the north bordering Gloucestershire. Might be able to help with bun runs if I can fit around work. I'm tight on accomodation but if someone had a spare hutch/ indoor cage I could possible foster but really can't afford longer term or spaying and neutering as I have the other 4 I took in due for neutering on the 29th :shock:

I wish I could help but my accomodation here wouldn't be big enough for buns that size :( I hope they can all be helped.

The size is going to cause a problem for me I'm afraid, I just cannot cater indefinately for a rabbit of that size currently. :(

Distance would be an issue, but if i can help i will try.
Afraid i dont have space for a bun of such size though, full up here. :(

Hope something can be sorted :)

ive got my chap to ring and get some info from amanda,i will just have to persuade my dad then,you wouldnt think in 24 would ya,but seems i still live with him i would have to.

I wish I could help but my accomodation here wouldn't be big enough for buns that size :( I hope they can all be helped.

Same here. The only spare cages I have is a 3 foot dog cage and a medium Nero :( If I had larger accomodation/housing for them I would offer to help out and rescue.

Are they going to stop breeding or just start up again next jan when you've cleared the space ready for babies at easter?

I could maybe take a male but it would need a bunnyrun as I'm miles away, plus Tamsin's point is very valid and we could be facing the same appeal in 6 months' time....

Are they going to stop breeding or just start up again next jan when you've cleared the space ready for babies at easter?
I was thinking along the same lines, as I can't help wondering that since they are a rare breeds farm, surely they should know how to regulate/control their breeding program (if they have one) :roll:

Last edited:
This is a difficult one, particularly if they are going to continue breeding.

I would be happy to collect some bunnies if they are being offered rescue place.

I could take one, i have a 48 inch dog crate, however i dont think any other indoor caging i have is tall enough, though they are long enough...

I was thinking along the same lines, as I can't help wondering that since they are a rare breeds farm, surely they should know how to regulate/control their breeding program (if they have one) :roll:

if thier a rare breeds farm why are they mixing the breeds?
Surley they want to preserve the pure breeds?

Back