• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a dilemma

Rabbiting on

Warren Scout
I really dont know what to do! My babies have to go to rescue and to lessen the burden I thought I would keep another baby, but which one?

I would like to keep Jack cos I really love him, I love them all, and Tinks accepts him, she chases and bites the others :shock:

But Jack is male and I cant have the problem of any more litters.

So there are the females, Blossom and Minnie Miss, I have more of a bond with Minnie but how can I choose her over the other? Especially as Tinks does not like either. :?

I wish I did not have to choose, how can you choose when you love them all the same :(

BTW TinkerBelle has been sitting under the kitchen table like a troll and chasing them out the house when they come in :lol:

I personally would only keep the one Tinks accepts. As Becca said, get him neutered and her spayed and problem solved?

No they are going on Saturday, the lady had other things to do that day.

Yes neutering them would work but they are only 12 weeks old now, so it would be a case of keeping them apart, which they would loose their bond. I feed all of my rabbits at the same time so keeping one separate would not be fair on the rabbit. Also my other males are still dominant and chasing each other, so I dont know how another male would go.

If my garden was big enough I would just buy a couple more hutches and keep them all, but thats not possible :(

if they are 12 weeks I hope the girls are seperate from the boys?
and i don't understand why feeding one seperately would be unfair:?
I think you would be better neutering them before passing them on..fairer to all concerned..you want to "lessen the burden" to yourself..but what about the rescue?
Also edited to add you have bred several litters before so should have homes planned for these rather than a rescue taking them.... and I beleive by you posting it by accident on forum thread..that you are pming members who live in your area offering them the baby bunnies..sorry but I think this is not the right way to go about finding them homes:(

Last edited:
If boys are 12 weeks they might be neuterable now (& fertile -they can impregante Mum now & sisters)- your vet will tell you. If you keep any, I would keep females - they are more expensive to neuter than boys so you would be lessening the burden on the Rescue, & you wouldn't have to get them done immediately (assuming they have been sexed right) - so could stagger them for financial reasons - obviously you would have to watch out for hormones kicking in - I have done this myself - kept one unspayed in a group before when all others were neutered/spayed (but got them done before they were 2 cos of increased cancer risk). There would be no chance of accidents if buns were all of one sex.

Rescues are pretty full right now - every one wants rid of buns when the cold weather kicks in, & rehoming will take a while to pick up. Good luck rehoming.

EDITTED TO ADD: How about doing some fund raising for the Rescue that has agreed to help?

Hunnybunny what the hell are you going on about? We have already been through this so why bring it back up. I am not a breeder and never have been!

Yes I have been trying to find out if anyone close could take them, surely its better to go through a forum of rabbit lovers than to put them in the paper, so then they could end up anywhere.

You know you cant do right for doing wrong on this forum.

They are going to rescue and Im giving them money so they can get them vacced. So hopefully this will help out.

You know if people are going to be skitty- just dont post. :evil:

I'd just like to say that the boys and girls should be separate now.

Back to the original question, I'd keep the one that is closer to Tinks.

You see thats what pisses me off about this place, people dont ask they just assume!

Sorry but as you've had two litters before..find it hard to grasp the accidental bit:?
and I am quite pi**ed off at moment as having to cope with the hoardes trying to get rid of their pets before Christmas..so maybe why I jumped
haven't read all your old posts so no I dont know the background

and helping the rescue to vacs is good..but how about helping with the neuter costs which are much greater?

Like most people who give up all of their time to unwanted animals..I really hope these find good homes soon

and have you split the sexes?..

Sorry but as you've had two litters before..find it hard to grasp the accidental bit:?
and I am quite pi**ed off at moment as having to cope with the hoardes trying to get rid of their pets before Christmas..so maybe why I jumped

and helping the rescue to vacs is good..but how about helping with the neuter costs which are much greater?

Like most people who give up all of their time to unwanted animals..I really hope these find good homes soon

and have you split the sexes?..obviously you will have and I'm just jumping again.....:roll:

Sorry, but i have to agree.

Ok so these babies are 12 weeks old now, and obviously already here, so whats the point in going on aboout that they cant go back to where they came from :roll:

And by the way they are not unwanted, I just cant afford to neuter/ spey another 6 rabbits, if I had of planned to have them obviously I would of saved some money or something.

If I was that bad of a person how come I have not sold them to a pet shop by now?! I think Im doing my best to find them suitable homes.

Ah right, yes they are spilt. Tinks is getting on with them all actually and Minnie has been inside the last couple of nights and they have been fine, so I think I will be keeping her.

Back