• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any advice on how to stop bunny gnawin skirting board?

MammaH

Alpha Buck
Hi All! :wave: Hope everyone is oki tonight

Binx is now on holiday back at home with my parents and sister for Xmas because I have to work till the 23rd and obviously I wanted him to get used to them whilst I wasn't there.
I've given them a list of things to do to make him happy and for them to be comfortable with him and visa versa.
He's apparently very happy my mum was worried because he 'flopped' and she thought he was ill and obviously it was a bunny flop which means he's happy.
Mum's only concern is him chewing at her skirting boards! In my room I'm always there to tell him 'NO' if he starts but he's in the conservatory back home and mum is letting him run whilst she's in the kitchen, and she can't stop him from doing it!
Is there any way to stop him, like maybe make a none toxic concoction to rub on to make him think "ugh no that's nasty I'm not eating that!" like vinegar or something?

Please Help!!

I've just been told watered down vinegar normally puts animals off from chewing things, is that true?

Not sure about watered down vinegar but eucaluptus oil has worked for me in the past - I've just rubbed it on skirting boards & furniture etc - buns hate the smell of it.

Back