• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quandry

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
I'm in one :( Ebonnie has just passed away leaving her 3 year old blue Dutch husbun behind. What do I do? Should I find him a new wife and if so how how long do I wait in order to let him greive?

I've never had this situation before. Do you think he'll pine and suffer depression?

Ebonie was a gorgeous girl & I'm so sorry you've lost her.

If it was me I would take him along to a rescue asap & see if they have any suitable girlie buns for him. I know it might sound a bit soon, but with mine, I've always tried to get them a new friend asap in the hope that it helps them move on.

Ebonie was a gorgeous girl & I'm so sorry you've lost her.

If it was me I would take him along to a rescue asap & see if they have any suitable girlie buns for him. I know it might sound a bit soon, but with mine, I've always tried to get them a new friend asap in the hope that it helps them move on.

I agree, as soon as you feel ready :)

Sorry for your loss!!

in theory i would get a new bunny straight away, but the heart would probably have other ideas :oops:

if he seems sad then i think you should put him first and get him a new love but if he seems to be coping ok maybe wait for a month or two until you feel ready too...

im really sorry for your loss xxxxx

I think I'll definatly get him a new wifie but he has syphilis atm so it will have to wait until he;s in the clear plus the rescues aren;t adopting out atm. But I reckon he needs somebun.

im so sorry she was beautiful.

be patient for the syphilis to clear up or get worse..if theyre grieving they can get very very low in themselves and make any underlying medical condition worse.

i lost my big girlie willow on 27th oct and bertie grieved so badly he actually became very very ill and hasnt been the same since very very clingy etc and wont eave the pen panels to be near the other two buns hes so lonely.

hes had the all clear abd his myxi booster but i guess xmas is the wrong time to rehome anyway too hectic but it would be nice to find them a big soft warm wifey asap....

bif lost her husbun and after 4 days lay down to die..bertie on loan back then got her back on her feet but looking back she was attacking him loads thru the pen panels something he was shocked by! i think she may have been resentful of a new hubby at the time as she hadnt finished grieving but then shed have been dead anyway.

its a treat it day by day situation.

hope he copes well.

Back