• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch Quote Opinions Please

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Okay, were looking for a new hutch, a double one - if his Grandad wont make us another that is.

Im wanting it 6foot Long, 2.5foot High and 2.5foot Wide.

HappyHutch have quoted me £280 for the hutch and then a Delivery charge of £45, due to the size.

What do you all think?

I know i always ask but anywhere else i could go?

I know about Ryedale i have emailed them and also i know about Dawsons!

xx

Last edited:
I think thats expensive! Mine was £200 and the same dimensions from Dawsons, and its a good hutch xx

Eta - oh its a double hutch, is it?? If it is, ignore me! :oops:

I think thats expensive! Mine was £200 and the same dimensions from Dawsons, and its a good hutch xx

Eta - oh its a double hutch, is it?? If it is, ignore me! :oops:

Yeah double hutch, no ramps though, just two single hutches stacked! :)

My happy hutch was £170, and it was single storey, 6ftx2ftx2ft, so I think that's a good price. You can get cheaper than that though.

My happy hutch was £170, and it was single storey, 6ftx2ftx2ft, so I think that's a good price. You can get cheaper than that though.

Where from?

It was more the fact of we ordered an indoor one from Happy hutch and it came slightly damaged and when we drilled the screws, the wood split.

I want a hutch that is going to last me a fair while!

I think that's an acceptable price. I'm making a very similar size out of a bike shed but that cost me £175 and now I have to do lots of work converting it into a hutch :)

Doesnt sound too bad to me although my last happy hutch caused me no end of problems putting it together.

Just to give you a comparison I had a two tier 6x2x2 hutch from someone on ebay a few months ago...all told it cost me £235 ,originally being sold as two seperate stacked hutches but mine was modified by the seller for me to have a ramp.

All that said he only delivered to me because he happened to be travelling up to lincs,he was on the south coast somewhere!

Doesnt sound too bad to me although my last happy hutch caused me no end of problems putting it together.

Just to give you a comparison I had a two tier 6x2x2 hutch from someone on ebay a few months ago...all told it cost me £235 ,originally being sold as two seperate stacked hutches but mine was modified by the seller for me to have a ramp.

All that said he only delivered to me because he happened to be travelling up to lincs,he was on the south coast somewhere!

Thats why i am wary of them because we struggled too.

Hm, can you remember who made it?

Thats why i am wary of them because we struggled too.

Hm, can you remember who made it?

unfortunately i can't...all my messages to and from him on ebay have gone too cos theyre too old....I'll have a trawl through listings ,se if hes still advertising them.

When I was looking for a hutch everyone advised me against Happy Hutch because of the poor quality of the workmanship and also the poor attitude of the staff as regards animal welfare!

I have a Ryedale hutch, a 5 ft double with a ramp. It cost us about 300 Pounds, including the bolts and the night shutters (which we are not using, as me made our own perspex ones later). The quality is better than the Happy Hutch ones, it is much heavier, too. The only negative things are that the ramp is steep, narrow and the opening for it quite small (due to a piece of wood being in the way, hard to explain), and that there is no barrier at the front of the hutch to keep the hay from falling out when you open the doors.
I am quite happy with my shiplap Happy Hutch, which was the first hutch we bought, about 2 years ago. But the other Happy Hutch (combo) is made from plywood only, and it does let a bit of water in at the corners during heavy rain.

I got a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft recently for £104 including delivery it is very sturdy and I would reccomend the company to anyone.

Their double decker 6ft is £215.59 with postage capped at £6.99

workmanship was very good quality although the assembly instructions did take a bit of figuring out.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/The-Rabbit-Hutch-Shop/Items/ghgdd?&caSKU=ghgdd&caTitle=6X24%20Giant%20Double%20Decker%20Rabbit%20Guinea%20Pig%20Hutch

That sounds like a good price. I can't see from the ad whether the hutch is 2 ft high on each level, might be best to ask the company for the exact dimensions again, just to make sure.
The building instructions from Happy Hutch are useless, too. Better to just put all the pices in front of you and use your brain. Then it's usually quite easy.

I got a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft recently for £104 including delivery it is very sturdy and I would reccomend the company to anyone.

Their double decker 6ft is £215.59 with postage capped at £6.99

workmanship was very good quality although the assembly instructions did take a bit of figuring out.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/The-Rabbit-Hutch-Shop/Items/ghgdd?&caSKU=ghgdd&caTitle=6X24%20Giant%20Double%20Decker%20Rabbit%20Guinea%20Pig%20Hutch

Not bad, whats the wood and mesh like?
How fast was delivery?

Not bad, whats the wood and mesh like?
How fast was delivery?

I'm same as you, Nat, I don't want to go down the Happy Hutch route again, the one I've just bought looks better quality and should be ideal for what I want.

They guarantee fast delivery via eBay so, hopefully, I should have it before Xmas - touches wood (good quality wood, hopefully :lol::lol:)

Back