• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I stop chewing on skirting boards etc?

Toadie

Alpha Buck
We live in rented accommodation, so this is a problem!. At the moment I am doing the 'clapping' method, however my hand's tend to get very sore!. Is there a spray or some kind of other deterrant I could use?.

I tries one of those pet sprays that's designed to prevent chewing but it made no difference. Rubbing a little of Vicks Vabour Rub along surfaces stopped mine but as soon as I didn't do it they were back chewing! Now they are outdoor bunnies so they can chew to their heart's content!

Hi Toadie.

I asked for any suggestions a while back, here's the link...
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=144757

Nothing has worked for us so far - the sprays seem to act like tasty seasoning and I tried the tin foil idea which he also pulled off. He must know he's doing wrong cos as soon as I stand up to stop him up he runs off and annoyingly he only does it when we are in (he's a real attention seeker).

I'm afraid my best advice is a decent polyfilla! :lol:

Back