• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does spraying stop after neutering?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
My naughty little man (only 16weeks) has started spraying everywhere in the last 2 weeks washing machine, walls, sofa, doors, carpets, radiator you name it... :evil: He's being neutered tomorrow so I am desperately hoping that will stop it. What are my chances?

Also with regards his op should he be sent home with painkillers like girlie buns? Should he be given a gut stimulant post op? Are there any other medical questions I should ask the vet? Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to my world!!!!! :lol:

Little Ben who is booked in for Neuter in the New year, has been doing it for the past month or so now!

Fingers crossed it stops!!!

:lol: Its a nightmare fortunately he hasn't got me yet but he managed to get Daisy through the cage :? I think he's v frustrated! I'm hoping it hasn't become a habit in the two weeks and he'll stop doing it otherwise my bootiful house buns will have to be outdoor buns :(

Hey Nat hows that word count, did you reach the magic 4,000?

:lol: Its a nightmare fortunately he hasn't got me yet but he managed to get Daisy through the cage :? I think he's v frustrated! I'm hoping it hasn't become a habit in the two weeks and he'll stop doing it otherwise my bootiful house buns will have to be outdoor buns :(

Hey Nat hows that word count, did you reach the magic 4,000?

Lol. Little Ben has sprayed me in the face and the OH and the television.:shock:

Should calm after neutering!!

YEP I DID IT!!! Going in after lunch to print it out and hand it in!! Woooo!

Yes, it will stop. None of my boys sprayed after they were neutered.
My vet gives painkillers, antiobiotic and gut stimulant jab after the op. He needs to be kept warm, and on something that's not going to irritate his wound.
They tend to bounce back fairly quickly though, just make sure he's eating and pooping.

Yes, it will stop. None of my boys sprayed after they were neutered.
My vet gives painkillers, antiobiotic and gut stimulant jab after the op.

Great, fingers crossed my little monkey will stop too. Does the vet give you extra painkiller to take away or just the shot post op. Want to make sure I know exactly what I need, esp if I have to argue that they need something! Don't want my little precious not getting the best treatment! and he has a nice soft chunky piece of vet bed to recover on!

Lol. Little Ben has sprayed me in the face and the OH and the television.

YEP I DID IT!!! Going in after lunch to print it out and hand it in!! Woooo!

Oh yuk not in the smacker gross :lol: Hurrah glad you got it done at last I just love that feeling when you hand it in and its all done :D

Last edited:
Back