• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Out of date vaccine

BentleyJen

Young Bun
Just taken my two buns to the vets to have their jabs and when the vet was filling out their vaccine card he discovered the vaccine he had used was out of date! He didn't charge me but its not the easiest thing to get my two scatty rabbits in and out of their carrier, Jenny tries to run away once shes in their and Bentley wants to hide under my arm and i've got to do it all again now.

That's not very good!!!
They should've checked before hand. I would worry about their competence

Thats a bit worrying :? i know my vets always check the date before they give the vaccine.

My vets gave my rabbits two VHDs instead of one (2 weeks apart), so mistakes do happen. If you trust your vet, and your rabbits won't come to any harm, then stick with them. Everyone makes mistakes.

Personally.....and this is MY opinion only.....if I found out that my vet had injected my beloved buns with out of date vaccine, I would go BALLISTIC.....and would probably change vets. :? My vet ALWAYS checks the date BEFORE giving the vaccines.....and I watch and make sure! Mistakes DO happen in life.....but in any pharmacy the expiry dates of ALL medicines should be checked regularly so that THIS sort of mistake doesn't happen.

What's just as worrying is that these had been lying around in a cupboard long enough to go out of date :shock:

Personally.....and this is MY opinion only.....if I found out that my vet had injected my beloved buns with out of date vaccine, I would go BALLISTIC.....and would probably change vets. :? My vet ALWAYS checks the date BEFORE giving the vaccines.....and I watch and make sure! Mistakes DO happen in life.....but in any pharmacy the expiry dates of ALL medicines should be checked regularly so that THIS sort of mistake doesn't happen.

same here.. they get paid enough not to make mistakes that risk a pets health :roll:

when i took my 2 to get their vhd the vet was v apolgetic as she only had one left that was in date, they were very good though and put them both up in their rabbit area all day while they sent a courier to one of their other practices to get the relvant stuff.
Mistakes do happen, its more important that they were up front and honest about it and were really helpful in getting the issue rectified. I think betsy and thelma enjoyed their "mini break" - when i went to get them they looked like they had moved in!

Back