• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits poo's!

**leanne**

Warren Scout
Just wondered if anyone knew why my dwarf lop (charlie) keeps doing them long poo's starting with a c? I know they are supposed to do 1 that they eat but he's doing about 4 a day that I know of that he's not eating. Its not like him so is he unwell? He's normal in every other way. I have cut his veg back just in case it's that but it doesn't seem to be making any difference. He's been doing it since sunday. Any ideas anyone?

Those are caceotrophs which they mostly eat at night, but can have them during the day as well. They eat it straight from their bottom and it has nutrients in it. Not eating their caceotrophs suggests too much protein in the diet, so cut back on pellets.

Great that means he'll be biting my ankles tomorrow when I've fed him :D. But thanks a lot I'll cut him back from the morning. Any ideas why they've only just started as I've been feeding him his usual amount (although come to think of it, he did go the grandparents fri and sat so could they have given him too many then and its still affecting him now?) :(

yeah could be that! honestly when i feed hoeny its just a wee ecc cup amount and she just looks at me as if to say is that it!!!!!!!!!!:lol: but i just make sure shes got different types of hay and shes fine. I only give her veg every 2nd day coz her tummys dead dodgy!

Back