• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits sleep all night?

i think honey sleeps for a wee while at a time but not for a full night like we do.... strange. good question!!!:)

I've wondered that too

I have seen them both flop to go to sleep and their little eyes getting heavy, but never seen them actually go to sleep.
All I know is, they're wide awake and ready to go again at 7.00am next morning.

I'm hoping to get a webcan soon, so may be able to answer the question then!!!

You mean there are times when they actually *looks about in shock and whispers* move? :shock:

Gizmo never sleeps!! He has quiet times, but he's always on full alert. Night time is his fave play time, which is why for the past two nights i've had no sleep!!

You mean there are times when they actually *looks about in shock and whispers* move? :shock:

Maybe so. :lol::lol::lol:

Just wondering because when I put the outside buns 'to bed' I wonder if they actually go to sleep for a few hours in a row. Harry sleeps downstairs and I know he was awake at 4 this morning banging about with his food bowl. To sleep through the night for a baby is 5 hours, does a rabbit manage that long?

Charlie always seems like he's down for the night, but then randomly jumps up and goes off to do something. I've stayed awake till 8am before and watched what he does, he doesn't even bother going to sleep till about 2 and then wakes up every half an hour or so when I'm watching. My cockatiel sleeps though the night though

I have no idea,Boris never seems to sleep :shock:

Lol, mine are the same. There tearing about all day and evening playing and once in the cage there still active. Last night i could see them dozing and there heads dropping, but would they give in, nope :lol:

same here. Even they are prey animals, by the time they are used to living in my house for over 1 yr., they should get settle down. But I never see them sleep. In the past 1 yr. and 3 mth., since they move to my house from SPCA, never see them sleep once.

I have never seen mine sleeping. I guess rabbits do not require much sleep. she may sleep while we are asleep but i have never seen her sleeping.

mine definitely sleep in the day and not at night - their shed is a right mess in the morning then they go into their run or the garden and flop out - with little breaks in between the sleeping to nibble grass or branches - then back to sleep - and so it goes. Wish they would sleep at night - I feel so guilty shutting them in their shed when I know they are going to be jumping about all night but I daren't leave the door to their run open

I've seen Nicholas sleeping. Only for the odd 10min nap here and there, and never when the kids are awake and running around. He flops out, eyes closed, gently snoring when the lads are in bed/at school.
AzRerpxRMa3hty44rqn4VrRdIZgdt2.gif

But only in his house or under the chair by the telly (not allowed under there anymore since he chewed through the phone line :roll: ).

Back