• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft or Stalky hay from DustFree?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I have tried both soft and stalky with my girls. They love both, but I find they prefer the soft (only slightly more). But stalky is better for their teeth, isn't it, so should I go with the better hay or the one they like best? I think they go through about three times their body weight in hay, they love it.

i might be wrong but i give mine the hay they like the most because i think its better they eat loads of hay rather than a bit of the 'best' hay.

its prob better if they eat looooads of hay they love :D
im sure they will eat more if its their fave!

or you could mix it?

Eric and Ernie eat the Stalky hay from DFH. I encourage that because Eric looks like he will have to have his teeth burred occasionally, and anythng I can do to prevent treatment has got to be good for him.

However they do have some softer hay in their litter trays.

My lot prefer the stalky which I'm pleased about cos they're all lops so there's more chance of dental problems. I'd give them what they prefer though because they'll eat more of it then which is better for them.

I would recommend stalky personally...

I thought you got standard meadow anyway from the pet shop? that will be fairly stalky x

The hay from the pet shop is for the floor of their run, as it's cheaper.

I don't know what to do now. Wouldn't any hay from DustFree be good enough?

go with what they like best!!!! better to eat lots of hay they do like than less of one that they don't. Either hay is great quality and fandabiosa for bunnies.

go with what they like best!!!! better to eat lots of hay they do like than less of one that they don't. Either hay is great quality and fandabiosa for bunnies.

Thanks. I'll get the soft hay. :) (and I know this is quite selfish, but it's softer on my hands too when I'm pulling it out of the bag!!:oops:)

Mine have the soft, and they eat buckets of it! I love the way then sit it in it as well, and you have a bunny shaped hole in the middle of the pile!

Back