• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

my bunny is being netured as we speak

Lexy7200

Young Bun
Hi everyone
My bunny is having her op today and im very worried about her!! will she be in pain, how shall i look after her when i bring her home? The vet said she may have to stay in for 2 days. any advise please!
Alex

Ive had one of two of my females done and she came home the night of her op! I got pain relief for her and she was fine! I didnt let her out of her cage for a week when she started feeling better!

She didnt eat any pellets for 4 days but she did eat so much hay and veg than she ever has!

Someone who has been through this more than me will be on soon and give more advice!

Good luck:D:D She will be fine:D

Im sure your bunny will be fine, though I know you cant help but worry a little bit.

Do keep her inside for a few days so she can recover but I would also speak to your vet on how to aclimatise her for when you put her back outside as if she's been inside with the heating on, it may be a shock for her to go back outside again. When my Cookie was neutered, I just kept an eye on her to make sure she was eating, drinking, pooping and weeing. If you have any worries though, dont hesitate to ask your vet.

hi,all mine have done very well after their ops although my last little girl,lola,had to go back in for some extra pain relief because she was shuffling around a little cross legged!:shock:bless her.mine are all house buns so i just keep them quiet and cast a watchfull eye over them.i know some people like to use the snuggle safe heat pads. she is going to be a little sore but so long as she is tiddling+doing her poos aswell as eating +drinking hopefully she will have a fast recovery.good luck:wave:

it's like a round furry pad that you heat in a microwave-i think.if you type in'snuggle safe'(thats the manufacturer)and'heat pad' it should come up with suppliers online.

Back