• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any ideas what's up with Bill?/ Update

susiemae

Mama Doe
Just been outside to give the rabbits their favorite treat and found Billy sitting on top of his hutch in the shed. He got up when I went in but when I offered him his treat, he didnt want it and sat back down. When I stroked him he was shaking. Ive brought him inside and he's moving around but Ive not seen him eat anything today, he didnt eat his breakfast either this morning. Theres no obvious signs of illness, his nose and eyes appear clear, but he's shaky and hasn't eaten. I cant say for sure whether he has pooped either. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Just been outside to give the rabbits their favorite treat and found Billy sitting on top of his hutch in the shed. He got up when I went in but when I offered him his treat, he didnt want it and sat back down. When I stroked him he was shaking. Ive brought him inside and he's moving around but Ive not seen him eat anything today, he didnt eat his breakfast either this morning. Theres no obvious signs of illness, his nose and eyes appear clear, but he's shaky and hasn't eaten. I cant say for sure whether he has pooped either. Any ideas anyone?

get him to the vets if not eating and pooping he needs a gut stimulant rabbits go down hill very fast and this could be the onset of a gi stasis. x

From experience get him to the Vets.
Bella went like this, she was in Stasis.
The Vets should be able to get his guts moving! :)

There have been a couple of problems with rabbit showing signs of stasis and shaking on here lately :(.

It is a vets job though....in the meantime make sure he is kept warm incase he is suffering with hypothermia.

Thanks for the fast replies everyone. I have made an appointment for him at the vets but they cant see him till nearly 5, so Im going to keep an eye on him and if he seems to be getting worse then Im just going to over there with him earlier. He's in the kitchen but Ive opened the window because of the temperature difference from outside to indoors. Ive given him a blanket but he's lying on the cold lino:(

Fortunately Bill is a lot better today but I was very worried about him. We saw the vet and she thought it may be a parasitic infection so Im panacuring him and she also gave him two injections, one of antibiotics and the other was something to get his tummy going. He still didnt eat very much last night, only a few nibbles and I was concerned, but fortunately this morning, he started eating a bit better and there were a couple of poos as well to my relief. He has to go back on Saturday for another does of antibiotics but hopefully he's over the worst. They do like to give us a scare, these bunnies dont they:roll:

Fortunately Bill is a lot better today but I was very worried about him. We saw the vet and she thought it may be a parasitic infection so Im panacuring him and she also gave him two injections, one of antibiotics and the other was something to get his tummy going. He still didnt eat very much last night, only a few nibbles and I was concerned, but fortunately this morning, he started eating a bit better and there were a couple of poos as well to my relief. He has to go back on Saturday for another does of antibiotics but hopefully he's over the worst. They do like to give us a scare, these bunnies dont they:roll:

just a note if pannacuring adn it is an active ec infection you need a 28day course.. the 9 day course is only as a preventative measure! :)

just a note if pannacuring adn it is an active ec infection you need a 28day course.. the 9 day course is only as a preventative measure! :)

Thank you - I was going to mention this to my vet cos I remembered reading it before on the forum - thanks goodness for RU:)

Back