• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training Help

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I bought fidget a litter tray. She poos all over her cage and the floor and pretty much everywhere lol, which doesn't bother me much as they are easy to clean up etc, but she always seems to pee in the same corner of her cage. But... this corner is also where her hay rack and water bottle are so i have put the litter tray in another corner but she just won't use it. Ive tried using different substrates. Carefresh bedding she just ate, straw she played with and then slept in, hay she ate so i ended up with sawdust. I have put the wet sawdust from her pee corner in the litter tray to try and get her to pee there but she just won't!

Any ideas?

why dont u just move her water bottle and hay rack somewhere else and put her litter tray in the corner that she is peeing in?

I found that honey would always poop in her litter tray and pee in the opposite corner i have now put something into the opposite corner so she cant pee in there and shes usijng her litter tray all the time.. I also found she will only pee on newspaper nothing else no sawdust...:D

That would explain it as her food bowl is in the next corner. I'll have a fiddle about see what i can do.

She will be spayed, she's too young yet.

:lol:yeah honeys the same will get her spayed when shes old enough... I really found moving it to the corner she prefered to go in will help if this could be possible honey seems to like the one corner and wont go anywhere else!! also make sure the litter tray has hay in it aswell then she may chomp on some hay and poop at the same time lol

Yup totally agree, moving the litter tray to where their furrynesses decide to go is the only way! There's no changing their minds once they've decided :lol:

Well, i moved her litter tray to her usual pee corner and by the morning every single item from her cage was in her litter tray and i mean food bowl, toys, chews everything (she even moved all her straw) and she started peeing in a different corner *bashes head against wall*!

I'm pretty sure the former isn't normal behaviour tho lol!

lol she sunds like a fussy bunny!!!! what do u put in her litter tray? honey refuses to pee on anything bar newspaper?

see we used to put sawdust and cat litter stuff but honey will only use it if its newspaper shes soo fussy honey hates sawdust anwhere hates lying on it or being anywher near it funny bunny!!!:lol:

Well she pees on the sawdust elsewhere in her cage so she mustn't be that fussy. She loves digging in it and stuff. She's just a funny little thing sometimes

lol shes not as fussy as honey then lol. good luck im sure if u keep trying she will get it it took us 5-6 weeks to get honey into it!!

Back