• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bertie had his myxi booster at last!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
whoohoo..yup hes fit and had his myxi booster..finally after such a long wait due his illness bought on by losing his wifey willow at the end of october..so hes had a two month wait almost!!

his weight is stabnding at 5.8kg and seems steady no loss no gain. hes as well as hes ever going to be..which is remarkably bouncy for bertie..he was the bun who was only ever known for sleeping 23 hrs a day!!

his yes are both a little redish but its because he has only us to do his eyes no willow to wash them for him and hes not yet rebonded with bif..she did the best job ever on his eyes when they were a pair.

i think ill go buy some golden eye drops..same stuff as bunny eye drops..i know a breeder/shower who uses tham and always has and someone form a rescue who uses them too...and ive done it once before as an emergency..i always used to have osme in the house for hay fever season or outbursts of conjunctivitis i used to get a lot so did my younger daugter when she lived at home. wonderful stuff.

he had to have his nails clipped..nikki did his front ones ealry october..but oculdnt do his back ones..the vet today had a problem using cat claw clippers on his fornt and had to use the doggy ones on his back ones!!:oops:

he realy does have dog claws:lol:

hes got warm ears tonite and has done a few extra soft poos but i odnt know if thats form the stress of going to the vets or the vaccs side effects.

hunnybunny has gone home to my mums..with a lecture on not giving her so much greens and fruit but make her eat more hay..i keep telling my mum but she lsitens when the vets tell her:shock::roll: shes 78 why should she listen to me:lol:

i had a lurvely long cuddle with bertie tonite and another one when i found him sat on the sofa waiting for someone to come cuddle him...reminds me of bagpuss...its rather nice to have a cuddle.......

hes been weeing all over the floor and bedding..then it dawned on me..hed been out in the kitchen doorway snuffling through some christmas sweets..luckily he didnt eat them and he must have gone to see hunnybunny out there..its the first time since willow died that hes ventured back out into the kitchen:(

so tonite he realised shed gone..was he relieved or did he think wed found him a wifey?:?

bif washed his eyes three times!!

im sooo excited andhappy....we let the teenies out so i could clean up and they let bertie have some peace for a change and went back and had a long snooze and nikki said mum look look..and sure enough bertie was fast alseep on the floor when bif owke him up by washing his bad eye..then she went round and washed the other one..it freaked him out the second eye as she was rather rough with him but its the one i have probelms cleaning too. she then went about her business etc and over the space of the few hours they were all together....bandit chased him nipping his bum for being too close to the hutch opening but bif didnt..and she then beat bandit up for chasing bertie..hes very confused now poor wee fella:lol:

she washed his face and eyes three times after that.....and he stayed still and thoroughly enjoyed it..it was like the good ole days when they were bonded...awww

lets hope she feels the same way tomorrow!!:lol:

its helping him alot being near them...shes got very bossy with bandit..he can olny chase bertie if she does etc....and they all paled a game of follow my leader across and aorund the lounge tonite..it was soo cute til the dinny cats tried to join in:shock::oops:

Back