• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Hopper

kelly1982

New Kit
Hi Everyone just wanted to keep you all updated, been to see my poorly boy today and he is no better im so heartbroke , they said they wanted to keep him in one more night and i can bring him home for homecare tomorrow.
As soon as i left the vets i was in full blown tears i thought that when i went to see him i might just get some small responce from him but nothing i cant bear this for much longer its so hard to see him in this way.

Its also starting to get to the kids my 3 yr old son was building him a new house for when he comes home out of building blocks it was so sweet and my little girl has drawn him a picture , i just want him to be ok but it doesnt look like he is going to get through this .

Kelly.

for those of you that dont know Hopper and me i took him to vet late sunday night we think he has floppy rabbit syndrome , just thought i would let you know.

kelly

Hi everyone i have brought Hopper home this morning for a couple of days he is feeding well from a saucer and drinking from a water bottle . Ihave got to take him back to the vet on friday morning. Since he has been home only about 4hrs now he is trying to move he keeps shuffling his bum about like he is trying to get comfy is this a glimmer of hope that he might just be ok or is this something they all do .

Kelly

Hi everyone i have brought Hopper home this morning for a couple of days he is feeding well from a saucer and drinking from a water bottle . Ihave got to take him back to the vet on friday morning. Since he has been home only about 4hrs now he is trying to move he keeps shuffling his bum about like he is trying to get comfy is this a glimmer of hope that he might just be ok or is this something they all do .

Kelly

As sooz says, do you know what they have been doing treatment wise...

I think you should pm sooz as she has experience with floppy rabbits syndrome (if that is what it is). There was a great thread on here with advice on treatment which could help. If you use the search tool at the top of the page and search 'floppy rabbit syndrome' you will be able to have a read through :).
x

Back