• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treats for Buns...

Michelle666

Mama Doe
What could i give my buns as treat? Sorry if this is in the wrong room! I give them pellets for dinner, and a mix of Cabbage, Spring Greens, and Brocolli. They get the odd dried corn cob, but that doesnt last long. I was wondering what else in the food department i could get, and perhaps treats!

Hi give parsley and rosemary , corrainder , and fenugreek crunchies, celery but must be cut up. and small pieces of apple but only once a week . Then all other green vegs and main food and hay lots of it. I am only new too this so I supect there will be others on here that help .:wave:

I just made my bunnies some bunny biscuits from the recipe thread that was here a while ago. My bunnies go absolutely mad for them!!! :lol:
They seem to love them just as much if not more than shop bought treats too.

They ones I made yesterday had oats, pellets, banana, carrot and lavender in. Then I made some others with pelllets, oats, some dried grass, banana and apple. Both are super popular. Obviously they cant have them regular though cos very fattening but I just did a taste test as these are their xmas pressies as pennies are tight this xmas. :)

herbs and herbs and heeeeeerbs! Thyme, coriander, basil, nomnomnom. Not too much parsley, it's quite high in calcium.

Excellent loads of ideas. I do try and give them loads of hay. They have two hay racks in their home, 1 inside and 1 out in their attached run...but i do worry they dont eat as much as they should. I do cram it in. Unless the OH is topping them up aswell.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas...i will perhaps try and bake something a little special this weekend for xmas, as im baking loads of other things aswell!

Back