• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with Ruby

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
She has started to eat a little, not much, she is barely poo'ing, but there is a couple and i think she has wee'd in her house.

The problem is i can walk upstairs and she will bolt to other side of her cage and panic, she is frightened of everything that moves and she barely moves around in her cage.

We have decided to bring her into the second level of the house, away from everything else, but she is just so frightened, i walked into the room today, she literally ran into the wall. She like dived into her house and then it tipped over and she just sat there.

Is there anything i can do to calm her. She stomps and just charges about her cage. Dont want her to hurt herself.

I know it can take time for them to settle and feel comfortable, im just scared she will hurt herself.
:?

She may well have very poor eyesight as she is a REW. That will add to her nervousness.
How big is the crate? She is only tiny so she may be better off in a small indoor cage for a few days. Whilst space is usually really important at the moment its not what she needs. She needs to feel secure and a smaller environment may help. If you have an indoor cage cover half of it with a towel and all of the top of it. So at first all that is exposed is two half-sides. As her confidence grows remove half the top-cover so as there is half the cage covered and half fully exposed.

:)

She may well have very poor eyesight as she is a REW. That will add to her nervousness.
How big is the crate? She is only tiny so she may be better off in a small indoor cage for a few days. Whilst space is usually really important at the moment its not what she needs. She needs to feel secure and a smaller environment may help. If you have an indoor cage cover half of it with a towel and all of the top of it. So at first all that is exposed is two half-sides. As her confidence grows remove half the top-cover so as there is half the cage covered and half fully exposed.

:)

yep 2nd all that
you could also leave a radio on very low in her room..something soothing but with voices in between ...smooth fm is good!..will get her used to noise

She was in a 48" crate, which is obviously pretty big.

I will move her into an indoor cage and bring her into bedroom where it is quiet.

Once you have hold of her, she is okay, she will sit with you, but other than that she is so frightened.

I did think that about her eyes aswell.

Thanks!

Everything Jane as said is the best thing to do and also what Jill said about the radio is an excellent idea. I have the radio on in my garage all the time.
Was she an outside bun or a house bun as this could also play a part in her nervousness, as she would be use to outside noises as opposed to inside noises. Good luck and I know you will have a confident little bun soon with all the love and attention she will be getting:D

She had been indoor, then they moved her outdoor.
I thought it could be the change, as several i have had were like that.

Yeah will do the radio trick and keep popping to see her offering her goodies.

She just doesnt seem to eat lol, or unless thats because my others eat alot :oops:

I have a similar problem with Wesley I talk to him calmly and stroke him and he seems to be getting more confident. Does she have a box or something to hide in so she feels safe.

i find sometimes with buns like that if you start talking in a calming voice, or hum or sing softly so she can hear you before see you sometimes they arent quite so startled. yes my neighbours think im daft :D

Yes she has a little house which i gave her.
I talk before i enter room so it doesnt make her jump, do it with all the buns :oops:

I guess its time with this little lady, she doesnt appear as scared.

Still tiny tiny poo's though :?

Back