• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice please!

ab1063

Warren Scout
miffy went in for her spey a week ago today.
shes been healing up nicely, but now her cuts gone yellow?
is this just urine? or it healing over/scabbing?
or is she infected?
My mum says its probably ust healing over and as shes a nurse i'm tempted to believe her.
shes still eating, pooing,weeing, and is still very active and moody!
anyone had similar experience? what did yous do about it, quick replys would be appreciated:)

miffy went in for her spey a week ago today.
shes been healing up nicely, but now her cuts gone yellow?
is this just urine? or it healing over/scabbing?
or is she infected?
My mum says its probably ust healing over and as shes a nurse i'm tempted to believe her.
shes still eating, pooing,weeing, and is still very active and moody!
anyone had similar experience? what did yous do about it, quick replys would be appreciated:)

im not sure but to put your mind at rest i would phone your vets to check what they say. x

My last bun to be spayed was Miffy, she pulled her wound open and had to get regular checks by the vet to make sure the re-stitch job held. I think most vets would be more than happy to check on their own handy work. I personally would just take her for a check up. ;)

Hope she is ok. :wave:

I have this with a current foster bun :( She was neutered recently, pulled her stitches out so had to go and get her tummy stapled and now its all yellow dry crust :( Shes off to the vets in the morning. Maybe Miffy ought to go too :) xXx

miffy hasn't pulled her stitches out though:S her stiches were internal and shes left her wound well alone, but miffys is a yellow crust aswell. Can you let me know what the vets says about your bun? (i know it may not be the same thing) also, miffys is mild, theres only a little bit, so i do think it may be scabbing or something.
Miffy doesn't take well to stress and the vets is a good 20 minutes or so away so we're trying to not take her, as she gets very stressed when shes taken in the car. But i agree it might be a good idea, thanks for the advice.

Back