• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send vibes - Bambi now :-( U/D Blood results are back may not be good :-(

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
I am seriously fed up :cry:

2 weeks ago I lost Britney due to an impactation and her stomach lining had turned black........

Then Sunday Poppet died in my arms but he wasn't poorly I can only assume old age as he was 100% fine the day before :cry:

Now Bambi I noticed on Saturday appeared to have lost a bit of weight.....she had to stay at the vets overnight so they can blood test her today to see if her kidneys and liver are functioning ok.......and to see if she is possibly diabetic :(

I just hope more than anything they all come back clear and it is just a case of feeding her up.........the vet couldn't feel anythign abnormal, her teeth look fine and her body temperature was spot on.

I can't bear the thought of anything being wrong with Mrs she's my baby :cry::cry:

I am concerned that it is her that is over grooming Bessie (police REW) as Bessie had to go to the vets last week as she is bald on her back, but it is the bunnies over grooming her - I am wondering if Bambi has been swallowing all Bessie's fur - however she is eating and isn't bloated she has just lost weight......anyway please send vibes to my gorgeous girl :love:

080807045-1.jpg

Last edited:
sending tons and tons of vibes to bambi and you Carys, fingers, toes and paws all crossed my end for you both xxx

How old is Poppet? As I must have missed that thread.

To fix the grooming problem, all you need is to wet your hand, to run it along the back of the bun, as the fur tangles all over your hand, you dip your hand (w/ fur) to a big bowl of water.

You do the above a no. of times daily, so you essentially help your bun to shed his fur, that way when your other bun try to groom her partner, there isn't much fur to groom. As such, not much fur goes to the stomach.

Lots of healing vibes to your little Bambi.

Poppet was around 7 bless him :cry:

They are overgrooming her as in pulling her fur out she is bald on her back! :roll: Not as in she moults and they lick the loose fur :)

Poppet was around 7 bless him :cry:

They are overgrooming her as in pulling her fur out she is bald on her back! :roll: Not as in she moults and they lick the loose fur :)

My NZ looks like that too - but there's only Suki who can be doing it to him & she'd have to climb on his back to reach:?

Hope Bambi is ok. We never found out the cause of Alfie's weight loss second time round - he had blood tests for kidneys & EC, but all results were clear. He's kept his weight on this time round but I am still seriously overfeeding on pellets:?

My NZ looks like that too - but there's only Suki who can be doing it to him & she'd have to climb on his back to reach:?

Hope Bambi is ok. We never found out the cause of Alfie's weight loss second time round - he had blood tests for kidneys & EC, but all results were clear. He's kept his weight on this time round but I am still seriously overfeeding on pellets:?

Yeh same cos my REW is hugeeeeeee and lives with 2 teeny buns and Bambi so they must climb up onto her to do it :roll:

Thanks Lucy :love:

Back