• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how would you handle this......

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Today i received a call from a lady who had originally had 2 french lops, the female was got by a fox yesterday:cry:she,s after a companion for her unneautered male:? she told me the female was pregnant:roll: I asked if the bunnies were brother and sister and she said yes:cry:
the thing is they have come from a breeder very local to me and this breeder is advising that mating siblings is ok:shock::shock:
should I contact the breeder and try to explain that its wrong:? or should I just leave it:oops:

after the conversation with the lady she said she was going to have her buck neautered and come and choose a female from me:D:D i just hope she is true to her word:?

Well if you have educated one person you have done a great job :)

Going to the breeder may just cause problems and they are unlikely to change

this particular breeder contacted me about 6 weeks ago saying if ever i got any french lops in she,s be happy to take them off my hands:shock: i did very politely email her back and explain that everyone is neutered prior to leaving me :oops: and then i didnt hear back from her:roll:

how would you handle this....

I would worry about letting someone have another bun if they had already lost one to a fox:roll:have they now taken extra care to make sure that the fox will not be able to get at the new rabbit?
As for the breeder letting siblings breed is just asking for deformities and genetic problems:evil:

Back