• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jess has mites!!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
:cry:I noticed that the skin on his neck was cracked and peeling and took him to the vets to get it checked out. He's got mites and I feel really guilty. is it my fault? What have I done wrong?? :cry:

I wouldnt say your to blame.

Ollie had a few mites on him when he was taken for neutering they found them.

I treated everyone just incase. The Vet mentioned it could of been from the hay.

I wouldnt say your to blame.

Ollie had a few mites on him when he was taken for neutering they found them.

I treated everyone just incase. The Vet mentioned it could of been from the hay.

I hope so. I feel really guilty cos i hope it wasn't something i have done wrong thats all. I adore all my bunnies and they are all spoiled rotton. :(

Bad Bunny Mummy!!! I think you should return Belle immediately!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mites are really easy to pick up so don't fret, a couple of injections or a few drops of ivermectin and he'll never know he had them!!

It most likely comes from their bedding. Arnie had mites once so I treated both of them.

It's very easy to get them but also easy to treat.

Main thing is that you noticed something was up and got him to the vets :D

Dudley has a teeny patch of dry flakey skin at the back of his head looks like a tiny patch of dandruff is it mites? The vet said it was just a v small patch of dry skin!

Dudley has a teeny patch of dry flakey skin at the back of his head looks like a tiny patch of dandruff is it mites? The vet said it was just a v small patch of dry skin!

Sounds like mites, I'd ask your vets for some "spot on" anyway, cant do any harm.

It is all your fault you horrible bunny mummy:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm only kidding it isn't your fault :D

3 of my 4 got mites from the hay I used (the 4th didn't have the same hay). After mite treating all of them it went no problem. Although I have now changed who I get my hay off.

So googling online prices for Ivermectin drops its about £24. I'm sure I searched on here before and someone said they had used the P@H spot on for Rabbits called Beaphar but the active ingredient is still Ivermectin. It has two pipettes with 150ug Ivermectin. I can't work out if it's still 0.8% as it doesn't say the volume in each pipette. It's a lot cheaper at £4 so has anybody used it with good results?

It is all your fault you horrible bunny mummy:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm only kidding it isn't your fault :D

:lol: Its a good job I know you and chloe know me otherwise i might be starting to get a bit paraniod just about now!!!! :lol:

Bad Bunny Mummy!!! I think you should return Belle immediately!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mites are really easy to pick up so don't fret, a couple of injections or a few drops of ivermectin and he'll never know he had them!!

Awww !! Seriously though chloe, you should see how much she's grown - she's like a proper big girl now. Grown into her ears and everything!!! :lol:

belle2.jpg

How she was...:love::love::love:

DSC00364.jpg

Awww my little baby girl!!!

Back