• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

really frightened please help!!!!

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
Well i've just attempted to bond ted and petal, i cleaned the whole kitchen and set the place up, when i brought them in i covered them with vanilla mosturiser to make them smell the same and encouage grooming and all they've did is lock onto each other and petal has bitten me three times now with me splitting them up. i now have them seperated on int the carrier and one in the dog crate but i've placed them looking at each other and their still trying to get at each other through the bars, i'm really upset and scared, are the doomed never to go together should i keep trying them throughout the night, i'm at a loss. :cry:

Well i've just attempted to bond ted and petal, i cleaned the whole kitchen and set the place up, when i brought them in i covered them with vanilla mosturiser to make them smell the same and encouage grooming and all they've did is lock onto each other and petal has bitten me three times now with me splitting them up. i now have them seperated on int the carrier and one in the dog crate but i've placed them looking at each other and their still trying to get at each other through the bars, i'm really upset and scared, are the doomed never to go together should i keep trying them throughout the night, i'm at a loss. :cry:

That's exactly the reaction I've just had with afternoon with my three. I really understand how you're feeling, as I'm the same :(

well petal has been in the kitchen but o thoroughly cleaned the place down but it was mainly ted doing all the aggression. it was full lock on like i had to rip them apart several times. fur was flying everywhere. had to keep checking there where no cuts on them.

Fur flying is completely natural.

If there just fur pullling you need to leave them..

If there gripping onto each other then separate, have you tried a little squirty bottle?

aw it's such a dissappointment. really feel like giving up, this is twice now. but i don't even know if i get them husbuns if they will get on with them. :(

I know its long winded but if you have the patience do it slowly, introduce through a run, let them get used to seeing each other.. Let them in each other hutches to get used to the smell.

Took me about a month to bond bugs and harley1

well i ad been switching them about in the hutches. just i have very little space and i split their thistle hall thinking it wouldn't be long before i could bond them but their getting bigger buns, i know girls are the hardest too, ted was meant to be a boy. will have to speak with the husband when he gets home about what we're gonna do, i don't want them to live alone either the rest of their lives.

So there both girls? Hmmm how long have they been spayed?
Fur pulling is totally natural. Is it your first bond? I was in pieces after my first bond so i know how you feel.

However it did work. I had to be really strong and see through the humping and chasing.

Maybe try a different area?

petal has been spayed now nearly 3 months and ted 2months, it was the fact that they where lying on the floor stuck to each other which was getting me, it'sd the second time, first time (silly me i did this before i found this wonderful place) i tried them before they where spayed and in two weeks it didn't end good, i had did it in the bath, not sure to try there again though?

petal has been spayed now nearly 3 months and ted 2months, it was the fact that they where lying on the floor stuck to each other which was getting me, it'sd the second time, first time (silly me i did this before i found this wonderful place) i tried them before they where spayed and in two weeks it didn't end good, i had did it in the bath, not sure to try there again though?

I'd try a new place. How big is your bathroom?
And i would separate for 10secs, also have a spray bottle to hand.

bathroom is slighly smaller than the kitchen and kitchen not that big to start off with, their still trying to get at each other through the bars.

I will maybe let them calm down tonight and try again in bathroom tomorrow.

If that doesnt work, maybe its not meant to be and i would suggest trying males?

thanks natsanth, think i will do that, i put ted back out and let petal run about, need to calm my own nerves too. thanks for your help, will try again tomorrow. :love:

Hello

I really feel for you.:(:(

As you know, it has been a very long time since I started bonding Eric and Ernie and even now (3 months on) they still have a little fight now and again.
Eric has had hs ear bitten or scratched a couple of times and his nose bitten, but I now think we have finally reached peace. So it is possible

All I can say, is, as long as there is no blood and only chasing and fur flyng, just be brave. Perhaps your husband could stand and watch for you. I had to take a step back and let my husband watch. In fact it was him that said we should persevere all along. If I had had my way, they would have been seperated at 12 weeks!!!
I am so pleased I didn;t, they are so good now ( well in the main), but patience is needed. (and nerves of steel)

SOme people suggest a car ride or the bathroom. I've never done that, but it might be an option. Wherever you choose, make sure it has been completeley neutralised.

If it does all settle, expand the space they have very slowly or you'll have another fight on your hands. I made the mistake of letting them have free roam of the garden. I've not been brave enough to let them out again:cry::cry::cry:

Good luck you to all and I hope it all ends in peace - sending lots of calming vibes

thanks jessica, yeah it's a nightmare,well petal put ted into the vets before so i guess maybe ted still remembers that. gosh it's so hard. my husband wants to keep them seperate, and i doubt he'll be keen on the idea of getting them husbands. aw i'm away to cuddle petal and clear my head till the man of the house comes home. thanks everyone :wave:

Must say my OH has played a big part in all our bonds, sometimes i just had to walk away. Although the more we have done the stronger i have become.

Although i am dreading tonight :shock:

I must say the car rides worked brillantly with my lot too, it really seemed to calm them down!!

Hello Again,

Is there a rescue near you? Perhaps they could try, and then if all else fails, they may be able to find them girlfriends

I really do feel for you.

"COme on Ted and Petal be nice to each other".

lol well they'd need husbuns, theres only one rescue centre but their 50miles away and don't really do anything like bonding, my nanny is gonna ring the breeder i got them from and see if she knows anyone looking rid of an older male bun, my nanny was talking about seeing if someone could give petal a good home so i could get a male compainon for ted but i tried to do that the first time they feel out and it broke my heart i couldn't give her up. if worse comes to worse they'll have to live it alone but at least they'll be well cared for and i'll give them all the kisses and hug they need.

Back