• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh No! :-(

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
I thought today I would start bonding proceedings between Choco, Bonny and Snowy.
Tried them in the kitchen. Initially, for the first 10 minutes, all three bunnies seemed more interested in their surroundings. Exploring, sniffing and completely ignoring each other.
Then :shock:....

...and absolutely MASSIVE fight started between Bonny and Snowy. I got in there straight away and pulled them apart.

Gave all three bunnies a couple of hours to calm down, and thought, give it a go again. Only this time, I put down veg in the hope they would eat communally together without any fighting.

Once again, within a few minutes of being on the floor together, Snowy and Bonny went for each other. It was full on fighting, like something I never thought I'd see. I got in there straight away, but it was hard avoiding all the teeth that were out and going for you! :shock::?:( Seperated them within a few seconds.

I'm absolutely petrified of bonding them now. From the two reactions I've seen, I just can't see how these bunnies are ever gonna get on :? :(

All three bunnies are fine, thank God.

Is this normal bonding behaviour? Should I just give up? Bonding 3 boys isn't the easiest I've read :(

Blimey sounds like you have your work cut out.

After separating them did you disinfect the kitchen? Vinegar spray is good so I hear.

Try separating them and then spraying the area..

Also instead of veg, try food bowls and hay?

Blimey sounds like you have your work cut out.

After separating them did you disinfect the kitchen? Vinegar spray is good so I hear.

Try separating them and then spraying the area..

Also instead of veg, try food bowls and hay?

I gave it a mop with disinfectant after the first time (they had pooped a bit, so I have to give it a good clean after).

I'm still in shock. Never knew rabbits could be so violent to each other :shock::cry:

Yes I have had the same thing with Bugs and Harley (who I might add are now bonded)

I took time with those two.. Put their hutches next to each others, then let them explore each others hutches (get used to the scent).

Then I got bugs in the run and harley int he garden, then swapped them.

It was a very long process took about 3-4 weeks, but they got used to each other and now are together :)

Have you taken them on a car journey together? Would need someone to supervise them, but it might help...

Back