• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pulling out fur

Fluffie

Alpha Buck
Hello i tinkerbell has been pulling out his /her fur today and has put it in there hutch theres quite a bit of it all threw the hay t just started today and i just noticed it when i got home and gave them a new toy i sat to watch them to play and tink started pulling out fur and taking it to the hutch.
Is this normal? Is tink guna have babies?
i just got tink and pants a few days ago they have been together before they came to me for about a year at my uncles and he got them from someone else who had them together.
It has just came into spring so maybe its a winter caot.
Im really woriied plaes reply

Rabbits do not pull out their winter coats, it just moults. She could be having a phantom pregnancy or she could actually be pregnant. If she has been with pants for a year (and tinks is female and pants is male), then she's be worn out with the amount of litters.

iv been checking on her every hour shes been in an out of the hutch.
she hasnt had any babies when she was with my bfs uncle and they were with him for a year.i dont think shes ever had babies

iv been checking on her every hour shes been in an out of the hutch.
she hasnt had any babies when she was with my bfs uncle and they were with him for a year.i dont think shes ever had babies

Then it's most probably a phantom. Is either bun neutered?

Hi

My rabbit Thumps started to pull out fur on her hind quarters, she wasn't pregnant but it might be associated with her being bored or as previously posted a phantom pregnancy. Has she put the fur into a corner? The only other suggestion is to check for mites - these can cause irritation - do you see any white flakyness around the area that she is pulling the hair out?

no white flakes but i will check for mites i dont think any of them are neuterd ill ask the people i got them from to ask the people they got them from.
I have rung the vet to ask about neutering they said 120-200 depending on weight so ill probly take them in after christmas for neutering and try work out a payment plan my inlaws said i can put them under there names with there vet.
i think it might have been a phantom thing shes stopped pulling out fur and is relaxing with pants in her run.
they get to run around the section during the day but im leaving her in her hutch at the moment incase she is pregnan.
and me and my bf are hopefully guna start building a new hutch tomorrow.
she put the fur into a corner of the hutch threw the hay.

Back