• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to cover roofing felt?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I have a bunny house in the rabbits run, and they sit on top of it. The top is roofing felt. I have put vetbed on there for them to sit on, but they just chew it and chuck it off. I'm worried that Molly will develop bleeding hocks, as she already has fur missing on her hocks. Is there anything safe I could put on there that stays put?

Yes, I have 4 bunnies who use the top of the hutch as a lookout! After trying various things, and them being thrown off :roll: I now use a good deep bed of straw with a layer of hay on top. It needs replacing every week, but seems to work well.
I've come across a new situation with Pippin though - he actually makes a bed up there (it's like a cave - so cute!) so how he reacts when I change it, I don't know :lol:

*bump* I'm going to try the hay thing and see if it stays on there (or they just eat the lot :lol:). Molly's hocks are looking so much better now, that I do not want them to reverse back to what they were. Any more suggestions? It has to be something I can stick on/staple etc, and they are not likely to chew it.

Ive got a hutch in my rabbits shelter, and they sleep on top of the hutch, rather than sleeping inside it :roll:
Ive put carpet on top of mine, and a massive pile of hay, so they can sleep on it!

i just bashed a couple of small nails into our shelter to keep the vetbed on. just made sure they were in properly so they wouldnt come out :D

Back