• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grumpy rabbit after VHD jab!

albo

Warren Scout
Our bunny had her VHD jab yesterday and has hidden behind the sofa and under the bed since, normally shes a very social lil thing so i was wondering if she feels grumpy or poorly after the jab!

Anyone else had this happen???

My girlie not only was a grumpy bunster, but her skin at the puncture site was a bit red and sore.
Im sure your bunny will be ok in the next 24hrs or so,if not just have a quick call to your vet if you feel bunny is pretty cranky still.There may not be any need.xx:wave:

Both Dulcie and Frank were quiet for a couple of days after their VHD jabs, but still eating okay. They were back to normal in about 48 hours.

I started a thread on this about a week ago after mine had theirs done. Mine were very dozy for a few days and really off their food it lasted about 3 days. Apparently there are 2 types of vaccine Cylap which sometimes has these side effects and lapinject. Unfortunately vets dont tend to use lapinject as it comes on doses of 5-6 which need to be used fairly soon after opening so it's a waste of money for them.

I've also noticed that Dudley has fur loss either side of his shoulders where his ears dangle it only started after the VHD so wondering if that is a side effect too?

Thanks for the replies, shes eating her pellets ok and drinking, ive given her a little carrot too and she enjoyed that....Ill keep an eye on her! thanks!

Back