• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding postponed

HS

Wise Old Thumper
They've only met through the bars, but Ruby has somehow hurt her leg either pulling on the bars or hitting them, so bonding postponed until Ruby's leg is better :cry::roll:

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

Vet's sure it's not broken, but wants to limit movement in case of fracture and we're back Monday morning to see how things are going. Ruby's now on metacam and bed rest.

I know, we feel awful. Pippinand Ruby were in a divided pen for about an hour, things were going fairly well and they were supervised by both of us for all of that time. We'd just got to the ignoring each other stage when I noticed Ruby was holding her leg funny. I felt it and it was all wrong, so rushed down to the vets just before they closed.:cry::cry::cry:
She'll be ok, but it means we won't be able to bond them until she's better now. Pippin has the big run to himself though, so he's quite happy! Built himself a lovely nest on top of the hutch.

Thank you everyone.
She's fine, and at least we have enough room to keep them separate for a while. Ruby currently in the garage in the 'nursing pen'. Fortunately I had a hay experts order arrive with some of the herbal hay mini bales and willow balls, so she has lots of things to chew on (hopefully not the bandage!).

Back