• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does everyone think of this run?

I think they're good - reasonably priced. I love my one from zooplus - it's massive and brilliant value. The buns love it!

Do the buns get access to the garden other than in the run?
I used to put two 6ft runs together for any foster buns who couldn't go out in the garden, to give them more space. I think they look like very good runs as long as the bunnies get more space at times.

You read my mind about the mesh - the picture doesn't show it clearly does it and they don't mention what grade it is. If it's chicken wire i wouldn't do it. Also how big is the wood as the framing looks quite slim and would therefore be quite flimsy and lightweight. Also, I'd only use it in conjunction with a second one too, due to size. Apart from that it seems quite reasonable to me.

Do the buns get access to the garden other than in the run?
I used to put two 6ft runs together for any foster buns who couldn't go out in the garden, to give them more space. I think they look like very good runs as long as the bunnies get more space at times.

yes they do when the weather is nice, our garden is escape proof.

xx

If it is very lightweight, you would have to put something heavy on top, so that nothing can lift it. And you will probably have to treat the wood quite frequently. I have an old foldable run, which is too small for any adult bunnies now, and the wood was too soft and after a while the hinges started to rip out. I am quite happy with my metal runs, at least I don't need to paint them every year.
But the size is good, 2 ft high is more than a lot of others have. You could put 2 next to each other and connect them with a tunnel. We are planning something like that for our trio.

It's 6x3x2 which means it's only 2ft high so depends how big your buns are, if they can stand up in it or not.

With postage will cost £40 so for that size I think it's a good price, Ideal for guinea pigs. I'm going to make a run for my gp's out of a wooden single bed frame.

Rabswood

its for a medium lop and a v small dutch. yes i reckon they will be able to stand up as they can in thier hutch which is 2ft tall x

This is what they have said it is - wild mesh is fox proof wire

ever heard of wild mesh??

I would be having it bolted down anyway like my other one x

Back