• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myxi booster...and E.C

Charlotte1804

Warren Scout
Hiya.. Some of you may already know Misty's story but for those who dont I will basically expalain....

Misty was dragging her back end...Vet said it was parasites (now known as the E.C virus) anyway the vet said treatment was 10 days and to come back when thats over...in this time Misty got alot better went back after 10 days and that was it the vet said treatment was over!

During the time misty was on her treatment I read on here NUMEROUS times that 9 days is only a prevention and with an case of E.C 28 days -6 weeks is required for treatment SO....I MYSELF decided to go out and buy some Panacur for my bunny and SELf prescribe her for 28 days!

Now...her MYXI jab is due...Is it ok for her to have this booster and VHD while shes on Panacur? Its going to get really complicated when I explain to my vet that I self prescribed!!!

HELP!!!!!!

Personally I would not Vaccinate a Rabbit who is showing symptoms of 'active' EC.
As your Vet appears to be unfamiliar with the treatment protocol for EC I wonder if now might be a good time to seek out a more Bunny savvy Vet :?

The only trouble with that is I would need to travel 45 mins to an hour to get to another vet!!! That would only stress Misty out???? Stressed!

The only trouble with that is I would need to travel 45 mins to an hour to get to another vet!!! That would only stress Misty out???? Stressed!

i would still change vets hun as tho it may be a longer car ride they tend to cope and the difference in her recovery will be noticable if you have a better vet. x personalyl iwould leave the myxi booster till bun is feeling better x

When shes showing no or very little clinical signs of infection. e.g head tilt, head shaking, circling. As long as i keep on top of busters panacuring every 3 months she shows no clinical signs.
I'm sure jacks jane can add to that.

Back