• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Did Everyone Get Started Owning Buns??

louise1

Mama Doe
Where did it all start lol? explain how u ended up with buns?
Have u always had them as a child? got one and then fell in love?:wave:

Just being nosey?

I have always loved bunnies and thought they were very special.

I had a couple when I was young and the advice on how to keep them was very different to now.

I got 2 RSPCA bunnies this April and now I have 10!!!!! :shock: Some might say that I am addicted...

There was a little bunny hopping around a friends road when I was dropping them off in the middle of the night. We caught her, eventually. Never found out who she belonged to so my Dad and I made her a hutch about 2 weeks later and she lived 5 happy years with us. We got her a friend (from rescue) who we had for about a year and then we got Homer (from farm - he stole my heart as he looked like the one we had just lost when I went for some food :oops::love:). When we lost baby we got Homer a new wifey which is Katy (from RSPCA) and we have had her 2.5 years.

Never thought I would be as mad about bunnies as this, my sister used to have one when we were little but I was not interested.

my first rabbit I got when i was about 9, he was from an accidental litter. My dads workmate was giving them away through the work emial, and my dad came across it. i wasn't even expecting a pet, and he bought him home!

pebble was offered to my friend, and was neglected my friend couldnt take her, so pebble was gonna be dumped. So i took her :) x

We always had pets as kids... dogs, g.pigs etc but never buns :? I always wanted a bunny but mums not keen and always said we'd get bored :( So when i got my own place i got my first bun! :D Which was Lottie who i got from a pet shop :( I knew no different back then :?

I had Lottie last august... and since then i have another 3 of my own and foster for the rspca :) Dont think id be without a bunny now :) xXx

Ive always had rescue cats! The last one, Scruffy, stole my heart and then broke it when he died in a road accident :cry: I swore no more then discovered the wonderful world of house bunnies :D a friend had 2 adorable outdoor buns so I did lots of research for 6 months, looked after 2 little poorly ones for a few weeks and cried when they left so I had to get 2 of my own :lol:

I got my first bun, a New Zealand White boy I named 'Fluffy' (how original! :roll: :lol:) when I was 11. That was 38 years ago now. My Mum's brother just showed up at our house with him one night, said someone had given him to him but he couldn't keep him, so did I want him? My parents said 'No'.....but it is amazing what a lot of hysterical tears can do!!! :p :lol: :lol: He was only about 3 months old, and my uncle said, 'He won't get any bigger!' :shock: Well, by the next summer he was HUGE, and I could barely pick him up! :lol: I loved him SO much, I had him for 7 years. :love: I have never been without buns since that, and still have a VERY soft spot for NZW's. :love: :love:

we got our first rabbit Sammy from a local farm park for my then 6 year old daughter 4 years ago (she had been rabbit mad since the age of 2 and I was prepared to take on the responsibility as we had always had other pets). We knew very little about them but were hooked form then on and have 3 now. Sammy and my daughter had such a bond. They were always together. Her enthusiasm never dulled and she was devastated when he died due to anaesthetic at age 2. She is now 10 and just as bunny mad and wants to run a rescue when she grows up inbetween being a vet and working for the RSPCA:lol::lol:.

I got my first bunny from Pets At Home. He was a bit anti social but would come over to me for treats. I loved him and taught hiim quite a few little tricks as he was mad for his food! I didnt have any for a few years after him due to living on my own in rented accommodation. Once i got my own place i fell in love with more buns :roll: and here we are with 5 :lol:

always had buns when i was small always white with pink eyes,lol
always called pinky as well:roll:
then i mentioned a bun to my other half,id fancied a house bun,then one day we was out shopping and went into pets at home rescue centre and saw coco it was love at first sight,we both new we had to have him,so we bought him and a hutch and food,lol
the next day we realised why he was at the rescue,his flaming thumping pmsl,
but i wouldnt change him for the world,:love:

it was when i started my animal care course 4 years ago i fell in love with all the rabbits especially a black lionhead called Nala :love: i was told i wasnt allowed one from my parents so when my Guinea pig died i went to get my remaining one a friend as he was pining my mum fell in love with Crystal straight away and bought her that day thats where it started for me :D

I discovered rabbit's world last year when I started volunteering om a rabbit rescue here in London. In December last year we adopted Fanta and, since then, I have tried to learn more and more about rabbits.

I was looking on the RSPCA website at cats and fell in love with two buns. They wouldnt bond so I didnt have them but a month later a friend of a friend told me about someone who had two babies which were in a state so I had them. I then found this site and have learnt so much - the problems started when I looked at RIN and fell in love with Dutchie :love:

i was never allowed a rabbit as a kid, my dad said i was not allowed to keep an animal that should be free in the fields in a hutch in the garden (probably why i wont ever have garden buns).. about a year before i got alvin my mate had a litter of babies and it got me thinking i really wanted a bunny.... read up on the net and the wires/wallpaper issues put me off and i got chippies instead.

then my mate had yet more babies :roll: my cat george died, i couldnt keep the dog my mom had got of stes mum because ralph hated her and she went back to scotland to stes mum and i think i needed a new animal to love so i went on the net and found Alvin.. addiction started :D

I have always loved bunnnies.When I was five years old my dad said If I could swim a mile I was aloud a bunny.All I ever wanted was a bunny Badit.I swam the mile and got,Jack and Jill.The rest Is history.I really love bunnies.They are so special to me:love::love::love::love::love::love:

I had a couple when I was young. Then I sort of wanted a pet of my own to care for when I was 16, and picked a rabbit. Researched it and everything, and now have two lovely, adorable bunnies!! :love:

My Sister-In-Law always had rabbits. When I first knew her she had 'Dilly', a cross-breed buck who was a typical 'backyard prisoner' in a little hutch. I felt so sorry for lonely little 'Dilly' that I always made a beeline for him, hoiked him out of the hutch and sat with him on my lap for hours. So at the grand age of 21, I decided I had to get a rabbit and 'Bunge', the yellow Dutch doe, became my special little friend and started me on my rabbit journey.

We had rabbits when I was a kid, but I got my first rabbits as a 'grown-up' about 11 years ago (I must have been about 18 or 19 years old) and I decided I wanted a pair of house rabbits, so I got 2 baby buns through the free-ads. They were supposed to be boys, but one turned out to be a girl and had a litter behind the TV. Luckily there was only one baby (a girl), so they lived happily as a trio once dad was neutered.

Back