• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LollyBeBunny died today

the vet said that his heart stopped, tried to revive him for 30mins but had to take the decision to let him go, he was having his teeth filed and he just went. i'd even made him a little packed lunch for afterwards, and now i feel guilty for taking him in the first place:cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself, a bunny who needs a dental is a miserable bunny....what kind of a life would he have had if you hadn't taken him in? :(

Binky Free Lolly x

I am so sorry :cry:
One of my Bunnies had to have a Dental yesterday and although she survived the op' she is not recovering from the GA :cry: But not doing the Dental wasn't an option as she was in pain and could not eat. Please dont feel that you should not have agreed to the treatment. Lolly would have been in pain and would have starved had you done nothing. I know its of little comfort to you but Lolly will not have known anything about what was happening and wont have suffered.

xx

Oh no, I am so extremely sorry to hear about poor Lolly. :cry: :cry: But what everyone has said is VERY true.... you had NO choice but to take her for the treatment.....she would have been TOTALLY miserable without it, and would eventually have been unable to eat. You did the RIGHT thing by taking her to have her treated......there was NO way that you could have known what was going to happen. HUGE hugs to you. xxxxx :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't feel guilty as not treating a bunny with teeth problems isn't an option unless you want it to die a slow and agonizing death of starvation. Sadly, a general anaesthetic always carries a very small risk (less than 1%) of not coming out of it for any animal, including people. Often it's because there is an underlying and impossible to detect beforehand physical problem like a weak heart. Lolly won't have known a thing and it's you now that is doing the suffering. :(

It's such a shock when this happens as it's so sudden. Don't feel silly about grieving as many people will tell you it was only a rabbit. Nobody here I may add as we all understand what individuals bunnies are.

thankou

thankyou all for the messages of support and love, when do the tears stop flowing?
how can such a small creature have such a huge impact on your life in such a short time and then go, leaving a window in your heart?

missing him so much, want him back, chewing my slippers.:cry:

em x

Back