• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bun at vet just now.....

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I have to take Skye to the vets this morning as he stoped eating last night and i noticed he had been drooling!:(:(

vet checked his teeth with the microscope thingy and his back teeth are a little long but not that bad! So he is going under GA to get a proper check done!:(:(

What could the likely outcome be?

Now i have 3 dental buns, Fudge, Skye and blackie (3 from my Millies second litter) What a nightmare!!

Thanks for any help

hey if the spurs are small they can still casue problems so it may jsut be a dental he needs. also think about possibly getting concious dentals done to save you money? iv recently heard of a good vet my way who does them hopefully you cna find one near you? also lots of hay could sort out teh problem avoid sugary foods like carrot adn apple whic hcan be less healthy for teeth. mainly dont panic it will be ok maybe all the buns can be managed on diet alone?x

Hopefully the outcome will be a little filling on the teeth and a gut stimulant and painkiller and then one happy eating bun :)

He does eat very little hay, like Fudge who had to get teeth filed a month ago! I bought the taster selection pack from hay experts and shoud recieve it today! will find what one he likes and get a big bag of it!

i have to phone at 3 to find out if everything went ok! So hope it does!:(:(

Sorry to hear this :cry: I hope Skye feels better after her Dental :)
Are you still breeding from Millie? There appears to be a congenital Dental issue going on so if she has more litters they too may be effected :cry:

Sending vibes for Skye :)

No i dont breed her!! deffo not!
She had 2 accidental litters, her friend who i bought as a girl ended up being a boy! unfortunately i didnt realise this until i found babies in her cage and thumper had already gotten to her after she gave birth!! Both neutered now!

Thats why i will never buy a rabbit, i will only rescue now!!:D

I couldnt give the babies up as i fell in love with them and thank god i didnt as with so many problems they would of been put into a rescue!!:(

Everytime the phone rings i panic as i think its the vets:cry:

If he won't eat hay you could try fresh grass instead. It's hard to grow at this time of year but can be done in a greenhouse.

:DHave just phoned the vet and Skye is fine has come round from GA and is running about his cage (as usual)

Vet going to explain to me what was wrong when i pick skye up at 5.20

Will update later!!

Thanks everyone!!:D:wave:

Skyes cheek teeth had grown a bit long! he is fine now, eating and pooing fine:D
Its a genetic this as Fudge (his sister) has the same prob and blackie (brother) had his incisors removed!
Their parents have no problem so must have skipped a generation! Wish this wasnt happening so near xmas! Im skint!!!

Back