• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horse Rescue

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
A friend is an RSPCA Inspector and these pics are from a rescue operation where a horse fell through a rotten wooden cover. Thank goodness the poor thing is okay!

Rescue1.jpg

Rescue2.jpg

Rescue3.jpg

Rescue4.jpg

:shock::shock: that poor poor horse - Thank goodness for all those amazing rescue people!! :love:

I hope whoever let that cover rot so badly is, at they very least, made to pay compensation and vet bills!!!

What on earth did it fall into?

Poor Horse by the pics you can see that they got all the help they could to rescue the horse, and im sure this is just one of those accidents that happen very unfortant but they do happen.
was there a vet present?
where on earth did this happen?
how did such a big horse get down there without hurting itself badly?:shock:
Did your friend give any advice on treating the horse?
wats the stuff its in?
There is some gooooooood looking firemen there;)
didnt take it long to get eating i can see in the last pic very good sign for it.

Last edited:
Poor Horse by the pics you can see that they got all the help they could to rescue the horse, and im sure this is just one of those accidents that happen very unfortant but they do happen.
was there a vet present?
where on earth did this happen?
how did such a big horse get down there without hurting itself badly?:shock:
Did your friend give any advice on treating the horse?
wats the stuff its in?
There is some gooooooood looking firemen there;)
didnt take it long to get eating i can see in the last pic very good sign for it.

lol i hread your post and went backto look cant see what the firemen are like really ..poor horse bless it at least it was saved adn is getting the right treatment xx

My word, poo animal.

It must have been totally shell shocked.

Well done everyone for the rescue, it's great when people pull together like this isn't it.

Thank goodness someone saw him, it doesn't bare thinking about what he went through or how it could have ended had someone not alerted people :(

I hope he makes a full recovery and isn't too traumatised the poor little love.

Why were pictures took when it could of been an extra pair of hands down there to help?
did the owner ask or say they could be taken at such a destressing time for them?

Last edited:
Why were pictures took when it could of been an extra pair of hands down there to help?
did the owner ask or say they could be taken at such a destressing time for them?

It was an RSPCA rescue and yes the pictures were okayed. The fire brigade were obviously involved as you have noticed and sometimes too many people trying to help can get in the way. The fire brigade are used to dealing with this type of situation and have well practised methods.

It was an RSPCA rescue and yes the pictures were okayed. The fire brigade were obviously involved as you have noticed and sometimes too many people trying to help can get in the way. The fire brigade are used to dealing with this type of situation and have well practised methods.

has your friend seen the horse since the incident? is it ok?

Back