• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh dear

ab1063

Warren Scout
miffys being V. aggressive.
i thought the hysterictimy was supposed to calm her down!
damn hormones.
shes not letting me anywhere near her:(
keeps attacking me.
should i be letting her excercise so soon after her op?
dont want her running around and hurting herself but she seems very lively and wants to come out.
should i let her out? (she had her op on tuesday btw)
her poo's are really big :shock:
shes certainly eating plenty :D

Aww didnt realise she had gone to be speyed Tuesday. It can take a while for her hormones to settle down after the spey, it isnt instant :lol:

Have you checked her wound? Does she have to go back to the vets at all? I wouldnt let her out anywhere where she can jump upon things :? Id be wary of letting her out tbh, i left Lola in her crate for 3 days after she was speyed :) xXx

yep shes doing really well, eating etc without haveing to get any extra jags.
no she doesn't need to go back unless we see blood or swelling from the wound(she is slightly swollen but not alarmingly, we're keeping a close eye but we think shes just healing up)
shes got internal stitches and glue on the houtside so theres no need to go back.
i've just changed her cage and she was hopping about a little.
she was confinded to the living room but my stupid brother left the door open and she pondered to the hall without me noticeing:roll:
she managed to get up the stairs without any bother,(you can imagine me searching the living room whilst the whole time shes sitting in the hall upstairs)
REALLY need to get some sort of gate so she can't get up.
but she seems happy, but i drew the line when she tried to binky and she was put back in her cage.:lol:
still being horribley territorial but hopefully she'll calm down soon.
shes tucking into some apple just now and shes already done a few poo's
I'm really surprised at how well and quickly shes recovered.
shes a real fighter, i love her so much.:love:

Aww bless her :) Even though it looks h ealed on the outside, remember shes probably not healed on the inside :) Lola was speyed last week and i have to keep reminding myself of this when shes jumping on the sofa etc :roll:

Bunnies are such dare devils arent they? :lol:

Sounds like shes doing really well :) Shes probably being a bit terrotorial/mean to you as you took her to the vets :lol: Shes repaying you :D xXx

:lol:
yeh i know! i'm constantly paranoied about miffy getting infected, she's being sleeping on blankets the past few nights(but has started to tear them up so shes now back to soft woodshavings with a thin blanket on top)
+ shes now not got a waterbottle as shes destroyed mine. :(
Do you know how long it'll take for her hair to grow back?
and do you think she'll be totally healed up in about 2 weeks times?

:lol:
yeh i know! i'm constantly paranoied about miffy getting infected, she's being sleeping on blankets the past few nights(but has started to tear them up so shes now back to soft woodshavings with a thin blanket on top)
+ shes now not got a waterbottle as shes destroyed mine. :(
Do you know how long it'll take for her hair to grow back?
and do you think she'll be totally healed up in about 2 weeks times?

woddshavings are nbot ideal how about shredded paper pedding newspaper r old towels to stop wound getting infected females take a good 10 days to heal up plus some and hormones take up to 4-6weeks to calm down. dont let her climb th stairs tho a little excersisse is good she oculd really make things worse!how about giving her a bowl of water most buns prefer this anyway you can buy a new water botttle uite cheap at a local pet shop. her fur will likely tak e a month or 2 to grow back but you may see patches start to grow back a bit. x

Hi, I definitely agree with bunlover that it can take a few weeks for girlies hormones to calm done after a spey. One of ours, Tamlin, was a real mardy mare for a good few weeks after her spey but she's the most docile little lady ever now. Just bear with her, it could take a while for her to settle down x

Back