• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Head tilt or a stroke ?

janjan

Alpha Buck
Digger is getting worse, his head is right over now. :cry:
Every day now he is getting worse, i'm so upset.
Could he have had some sort of mild stroke as well ?
Any idea's ?

He's now into his second week of Baydril.
Also panacur.
Privious to that 6 weeks panacur.
Every day now his heads further back, :cry:

Crosed my mind if it's caused a stroke. :?
Not sure how old he is as i rescued him of the streets.
I would say over 4 prob 5 yrs old.
Very poor diet i reckon to the start of his life.

Vet gave him a steriod jab at the start . 2 weeks back

I would ask the Vet about Digger having more regular anti-inflammatories. Metacam is well tolerated and can be given daily. As the steroid was given 2 weeks ago it should be OK for him to have a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (Metacam) now.

Is Digger eating and pooing OK and is he 'happy within himself' ?

Yes. In a fashion.
Though now his head is so bad i'm unsure it can be cofortable for him.

I would contact your Vet in the morning and ask about Digger having daily anti-inflammatory medication.
Sometimes it can help to give some 'rehabilitation therapy' ie to gently place his head into a more 'normal' position. Do discuss this with you Vet first though as it is hard to give precise advice without actually seeing the Bun.

:)

Back