• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wood stain, any brands that we can use for rabbit cage?

hiya all my o/h is building a new cage. And we would like to stain the wood. Any ideas on which brand/product would be ok for for the buns (shauny likes to nibble the wood we have at the moment and we wouldnt want to poison them.

Thanks bex.
x

No, it's an almost redish brown, but I can't seem to find it in P@H anymore, I think they stopped :(

If you pop into homebase or similar and read the backs it usually says whether it's pet safe on the back or it will have the manufacturers contact information to so you can and check. I think Cuprinol Garden Shades is okay and comes in a variety of colours :)

I used cuprinol "heritage" (I wanted to be posh) garden shades. It's been a little chewed to no ill effect. I really like it actually - seems really well waterproof. It needed two coats and then another coat a year later - you do use up quite a bit mind you!

Hannah

Back