• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Poor Maya -U/D 13th December- She Has Made it :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Maya has serious Dental problems. Today she has had to have another Dental and there were huge spurs cutting into her tongue and cheeks :cry:
She only had her previous Dental 4 weeks ago. About 2.5 months ago she also had her Incisors removed. So it looks like Maya is going to need Dentals every 4 weeks. Not good news for an almost 8 year old Bun :cry:

Its so frustrating as up until a year ago Maya had no Dental problems at all and she used to eat tons of hay.
At least she has gotten through this Dental and I am collecting her in a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Poor Maya.Do you have any Idea why she has only started to have dental problems In the last year?Sending speedy recovery vibes Mayas way

I am so sorry to hear that the gorgeous Maya's dental problems have become so much worse. :cry:

Sending huge recovery vibes for this special girl. xxxxx

(((((((((((( VIBES ))))))))))))

Poor Maya, I know only too well what it is like as I have to take Homey every 4 weeks. We left him 5 weeks last time as he was showing no signs but half hour before we were due to take him he started to throw himself around and refuse food. Will never leave it that long again.

Sending vibes to the lovely Maya.

Thanks everyone.
Maya is home but is still very,very sleepy. She is on a heatpad next to me and I'll give her some sub-cut fluids later. I have no idea why she suddenly developed Dental problems aged 7. I have had her since she was about 8 weeks old and she was always a great hay eater. We think it may be that with age the 'mechanics' of her jaw changed, possibly due to osteoporosis. Consequently her teeth went out of occlusion and the roots elongated.
Surely developing a bad Incisor malocclusion aged 7 has to be a bit odd :?

Even though my Vet does not agree with doing a Dental on a conscious Rabbit she said she would be willing to do so for Maya to prevent her having a GA every 4 weeks. But the tooth causing most of the problem is located right next to a big blood vessel. One slip and..................:shock: So its really not an option.
The tooth is not at all loose so extraction is not really an option as it'd be a major op and it may not prevent the need for repeated Dentals.

Poor Maya :cry:

Maya is not recovering from the GA :cry:
She is on fluid therapy and a heatpad but things are looking very poor :cry:

I think all the GAs have just taken their toll on this sweet elderly Bunny

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I have spoken with Christabel and she has said that we can do no more for Maya than we are already doing :cry:
Its up to Maya now..........

:cry:

Back