• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i use this for rabbit storage..........

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Last edited:
looks good will it be an indoors thing as outside you may get leaks with rain unles oyu have a cover as i doubt it is waterproof? also wilko do a similar thing if you wanted to compare prices x

Hi

I think it's not a bad idea. Hay doesn't want to be kept air tight, but pellets do that's the only thing that I would have a think about.

I used plastic storage boxes from Wilko for my pellets, a feed dustbin (available from horse supplies) for Megazorb and my hay is kept in an open pen in my bunny shed or in a woven sack for when I am topping up round the garden.:D

I went and got this (in pink:D) but it isnt really air tight! would i still be able to store food in it! :?
Its Allen and page and the best before date is 12th Feb would this be ok? A&P has a short shelf date anyway!
If not i will use it to store the litter and megazorb!

Also its kept inside! The food was kept in an air tight container but this is so much easier to use!:wave:

It looks nice :) Love the colour :lol::D

I wouldnt store you food in there if it isnt airtight as it wont stay fresh :( Unless you left it in the bag and put it in? :? Though not sure it would fit then, or if it'd work :(

xXx

I think i will take it back and just buy more of the storage boxes i have already for the litter!!

These are what i have i can get bigger ones too
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/product/Storage_Storage%20Boxes/4267.htm

Mine have pink lids!!:D:D

Would that just be a better idea so everything is air tight!
Im going to buy the hay bag from hay experts for my hay!!

If you have the space, I'd say these are a better bet. Oh and the hay bag from 'THE' is great, I have a few and they keep it all tidy but it can breath too.:D

Back